Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Why I like PSXT and RT

PSXseeconTraffic and RealTraffic really is a fantastic combination. Without these two programs and dedicated support from Nico, MSFS would be a lot less enjoyable.
I've just completed a flight into EGLL and at one point I could see 5 landing airliners all perfectly spaced on the glideslope.

Here's what PSXT & RT can offer (larger image here: https://ibb.co/wLn9QDS):

spacer.png

One airliner on short final and 3 more on the glideslope behind it, plus parked aircraft at mostly the correct stands.

AI heaven!

• Like 10

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I agree, I also think this is the best combination for AI. I am using the FSTL models and the frame hit is minimal!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

90% of North American airports for which 3rd party sceneries exist, operate perfectly in the RT/PSXT environment. There are few instances (KTPA, KDTW)  that have problems with historical data, but I'm trying to help Balthasar to find a source of the issue now. 

KORD with its three parallel landing operations - magic! 

Guys,

I just installed PSXT and it's working fine but how do you minimize it? I can't get it to go to the taskbar so it overlays MSFS.

NAX669.png

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

KORD with its three parallel landing operations - magic! 

Agree, I find KORD to be exceptionally good.
I haven't seen a SOIA at KSFO yet. However, my absolute favourite approach Stateside to watch AI is the Canarsie approach at KJFK.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

27 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Guys,

I just installed PSXT and it's working fine but how do you minimize it? I can't get it to go to the taskbar so it overlays MSFS.

You can't minimise it as it was discovered that minimising the program led to AI aircraft being stuttery in the sim.
Instead, use the keyboard combination 'Alt' and 'Tab' to switch windows back to MSFS.

• Like 1

If you have a second machine at hand, which doesn't need to be a monster PC, and are a bit comfortable with networked stuff, you can run PSXT and RT both on the second machine. That's waht I have been doing for a long time and works very well. Details are in the PSXT manual.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

You can't minimise it as it was discovered that minimising the program led to AI aircraft being stuttery in the sim.
Instead, use the keyboard combination 'Alt' and 'Tab' to switch windows back to MSFS.

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

NAX669.png

10 hours ago, F737MAX said:

There is no need to minimise it, just hide it behind your MSFS window.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mwilk said:

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Adding a second monitor to your PC and moving PSXT to that is a lot easier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kiek said:

Adding a second monitor to your PC and moving PSXT to that is a lot easier.

Not for someone who doesn't have or doesn't want another monitor...easier than bringing the MSFS window to the front...sheesh.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just move PSXT "behind" the sim and that's all. If you need to change parameters in PSXT, Alt-Tab is your friend. If you run MSFS in the windowed mode, you don't even need Alt-Tab.

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Not for someone who doesn't have or doesn't want another monitor...easier than bringing the MSFS window to the front...sheesh.

I meant easier then going networked, as was suggested

7 hours ago, kiek said:

I meant easier then going networked, as was suggested

Yes Nico, wasn't trying to pick, was just pointing out that it's such a simple thing to send the PSXT window behind MSFS. Another great thing about PSXT is that you've spent the effort to program client/server capability for those of us that want to run it that way, or just run it locally which uses almost no resources and has no effect on performance of MSFS!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB