Sign in to follow this  
prdant

Honeycomb Customer Service

As much as I love my Honeycomb setup equals the disappointment that I have in their customer service. I purchased the 737 upgrade from a vendor on etsy and since this required me to remove the handle from throttles 1&3. If I want to switch to a four engine aircraft I would have to unscrew and replace the upgrade with the stock handle. Over time I felt that this could compromise the handles. I have opened a ticket with Honeycomb asking to purchase 1&3 (or a complete set) if necessary. I have sent three follow up emails requesting an answer. 
Thanks to a fellow simmer in Australia I was directed to their website and found what I was needing. We have been exchanging emails for a few days and since they don’t process international cards but did take my information and manually processed my payment. I have to pay $30 in shipping to get $20 worth of handles.

Bottom line of this is that I hope I never need the US customer service to fix my setup if I ever have issues.😒

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I ordered some new handles for the bravo throttle.  A week goes by and no shipping date.  I emailed CS and they said, "we don't know when they'll ship".

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

24 minutes ago, prdant said:

As much as I love my Honeycomb setup equals the disappointment that I have in their customer service. I purchased the 737 upgrade from a vendor on etsy and since this required me to remove the handle from throttles 1&3. If I want to switch to a four engine aircraft I would have to unscrew and replace the upgrade with the stock handle. Over time I felt that this could compromise the handles. I have opened a ticket with Honeycomb asking to purchase 1&3 (or a complete set) if necessary. I have sent three follow up emails requesting an answer. 
Thanks to a fellow simmer in Australia I was directed to their website and found what I was needing. We have been exchanging emails for a few days and since they don’t process international cards but did take my information and manually processed my payment. I have to pay $30 in shipping to get $20 worth of handles.

Bottom line of this is that I hope I never need the US customer service to fix my setup if I ever have issues.😒

I don't really understand two things:

1) Why did you already buy those extra handles? Because they COULD be damaged over time with what you are doing? But why buy them now then?

2) What exactly is the bad thing here? They shipped you what you wanted. Are you complaining about shipping costs? Well those depend on your location and someone HAS to pay them. Do you expect Honeycomb to pay 30$ themselves to ship you something you paid 20$ for?

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I don't really understand two things:

1) Why did you already buy those extra handles? Because they COULD be damaged over time with what you are doing? But why buy them now then?

2) What exactly is the bad thing here? They shipped you what you wanted. Are you complaining about shipping costs? Well those depend on your location and someone HAS to pay them. Do you expect Honeycomb to pay 30$ themselves to ship you something you paid 20$ for?

No I am not complaining at all about what I purchased. I was told about the shipping cost in advance. My only concern is that I have been unable to get any response from customer support here. I am ordering the two extra handles to have a complete set of stock handles for flying any four engine a/c. To be clear I am completely satisfied with the product I purchased. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.

Phill Dant

11 minutes ago, prdant said:

No I am not complaining at all about what I purchased. I was told about the shipping cost in advance. My only concern is that I have been unable to get any response from customer support here. I am ordering the two extra handles to have a complete set of stock handles for flying any four engine a/c. To be clear I am completely satisfied with the product I purchased. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.

Ah now I understand, you did not get the handles from Honeycomb but from someone else, correct?

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Ah now I understand, you did not get the handles from Honeycomb but from someone else, correct?

Yessir. They appear to be an Australian distributor and have a complete stock of Honeycomb parts. 
gdedistribution.com.au

Phill Dant

My young daughter ripped out the light switches on my Alpha somehow. Emailed them several times to enquire about paying for and ordering some replacement switches but never got a response. Honestly I like the equipment having both a launch Alpha and a launch Bravo but if my Alloy RD1 pedals ever take a dump (not very likely since they are straight metal) the Charlie pedals would not be on the list due to their lack of any support.

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Its always handy to have the extra handle levers as I have multiple lever mods eg 737 and 747 so i don't need to be unscrewing handles when changing between the two.

Jason Richards

Ordered extra handles 4 weeks ago and emailed them about the status. They told me that they are have issues printing shipping labels. Their printer at the moment is down. 

Edited by Bill A

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

All of this sounds pretty sketch so far. Keep emailing them and let us know what happens. Everyone should know about this.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Bill A said:

Ordered extra handles 4 weeks ago and emailed them about the status. They told me that they are have issues printing shipping labels. Their printer at the moment is down. 

I tried ordering a 2 extra throttle levers (for DC6) but apparently they don't ship to Europe. They don't have a European store and their distributor (Aerosoft) in Europe doesn't offer spare parts.

I emailed them about it and they told me they would look into it. That was almost 2 years ago and nothing has changed.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I had a run in with them when the LAN port on my yoke broke. Under warranty.

Luckily for me the chap over at https://www.flightsimwebshop.co.uk sorted it for me, he sent me a brand new unit before I even had a chance to send the old one back. Best customer service i have ever had online shopping. 

I think honeycomb will be at the flight sim expo in Houston. If anybody is going to the expo ask them about the shipping issues. 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I think honeycomb will be at the flight sim expo in Houston. If anybody is going to the expo ask them about the shipping issues. 

They had initial QC issues during manufacturing, coupled with explosive growth during the pandemic. They had to scale quickly and hired lots of new people. They will come around but things take a while. Best bet is to go to whomever you originally purchased the product. If no luck try escalating to manager if Ryan is still around...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.