Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

FSLabs Concorde on the way (Beta testing for P3D first)

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32755-concorde-may-update/

No this is not the MSFS version yet, but as all Concorde passionate fans already know, it will come a few months after the P3D version. These screenshots taken from the P3D version and the few comments made by Andrew Wilson - in particular showing maps that will be made virtually available in place of an EFB - demonstrate how far and deep in tiny details has the team gone to render this unique bird as authentically as possible. Yes it seems that it has taken for ever to get there, but once the "aficionados" are finally able to squeeze themselves in the narrow left seat, they will soon realise they have to learn how to fly again, as real pilots did!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Already discussed here:

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

iam happy for Ray at last !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Already discussed here:

Sorry about that, the topic title was not clearly referring to the Concorde and/or FSLabs, so I did not read it! Mod feel free to delete if desired.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

3 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32755-concorde-may-update/

No this is not the MSFS version yet, but as all Concorde passionate fans already know, it will come a few months after the P3D version.

I would be very, very, surprised if FSLabs released the Concorde for MSFS a few months after the P3D release.  I heard FSLabs is notorious for being slow, not to mention that MSFS is an entirely new platform them. For example, I don't think FSLabs has the same experience with MSFS that PDMG has, who has released the DC-6 and 4 variants of the 737 on MSFS already. FSLabs has not released anything for MSFS yet.

• Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

19 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I would be very, very, surprised if FSLabs released the Concorde for MSFS a few months after the P3D release.  I heard FSLabs is notorious for being slow, not to mention that MSFS is an entirely new platform them. For example, I don't think FSLabs has the same experience with MSFS that PDMG has, who has released the DC-6 and 4 variants of the 737 on MSFS already. FSLabs has not released anything for MSFS yet.

Hopefully the built it with MSFS in mind from the beginning and the transition will be relatively quick...i.e. a few months and not years.  Probably a good strategy from FSLabs to bring Concorde to MSFS, they are already lost the Airbus market to Fenix. 

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't think FSLabs has the same experience with MSFS that PDMG has, who has released the DC-6 and 4 variants of the 737 on MSFS already. FSLabs has not released anything for MSFS yet.

This comment from Andrew Wilson in his post might raise eyebrows: "As you may know, the flight deck of Concorde is renowned for its complexity among commercial jet airliners. Consequently, remodeling it has presented a significant challenge, particularly within the limitations of the Prepar3D environment." (my emphasis) One could read or interpret that MSFS could be easier for some particular aspects of the design, meaning also that the MSFS version might not be so far away since most of the work could already have been completed

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Hopefully the built it with MSFS in mind from the beginning and the transition will be relatively quick...i.e. a few months and not years.

I would not be worried regarding the delay between P3D and MSFS, FSLabs are aware that their main market now resides with MSFS and they need to pay their salaries! 

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I would be very, very, surprised if FSLabs released the Concorde for MSFS a few months after the P3D release.

Historically it would be highly unusual for FS Labs to release anything within a few months of anything else.  I loved their A320 in P3D, but also got used to waiting a long time for even compatibility updates for P3D point updates.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong though of course and if FS Labs has figured out how to get their products into MSFS more quickly that can only be good for us.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Them releasing it for P3D is like me thinking opening a Blockbuster VHS rental store would be a good idea in 2023. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Eric 

2 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

would not be worried regarding the delay between P3D and MSFS, FSLabs are aware that their main market now resides with MSFS and they need to pay their salaries! 

I don't know... Their publicly available decisions since MSFS was announced suggest otherwise. They lost their bread and butter airbus market on the new platform by either refusing to pivot soon enough and or being unable. And the decision to continue to develop Concorde for P3D for the past several years, even if it may have been technically easier for them, at this point is questionable given as you say where the market is now.

Edited by MrNuke

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No  

(Ray, I think you may be one of the very few who's gonna' check yes here... I don't think the numbers will be better even if this post was in the P3d forum)  
I just don't see the numbers and if I were to guess...I think the price is going to be north of $130 for sure. And at that price it will only attract the most hardcore simmers (who also want to learn to fly her)...who most, like many mention here, have moved from P3d completely.  If they sell more than a thousand copies I'd be surprised.  That's $130k for what has to be much more in labor costs to develop it over the years. 

Anyway...for those hoping to see if for MSFS...unless they have been developing it in secret since MSFS released with zero announcements, I don't expect any chance of a MSFS release this decade...maybe 2030 at the earliest?  I cite empirical evidence if you recall how long it took to release sharklets for the A320 from when it was announced to when it was released.🤔  Rapid development is not an FSL trademark. 😄

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I can’t wait to see the price tag for this project. If they charged $149 for the Airbus when P3D was the primary market and sales for the A320x were strong. I wonder if the Concorde will be more expensive due to the smaller market. If they release it below $100, is the P3D market strong enough to make it worthwhile.  FSLabs has to make some profit for all the development that went into it. I’m sure the hard core fans will purchase it regardless of price. 

Note: I was typing my comment when Steve posted, LOL

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

it will only attract the most hardcore simmers (who also want to learn to fly her)

The complexity and learning curve to fly Concorde cannot be overstated. It is obvious that the immense majority of the "Magenta Generation" will shy away from it for various reasons, one of them being that it will require hard work for a few weeks, hence it is a niche market anyway. A B747 pilot had to perform one hour of circuits (at a time when simulators were in their infancy), whilst a new Concorde pilot (with thousands of hours on his logbook!!!) had to make five one-hour sessions for the same in addition to the line-check. This will be true on the virtual plane as well!

However, in this hobby there are a few who will enjoy digging into the documentation and the various helping tools provided by FSLabs to prepare the flight in detail before even looking at the cockpit. Concorde pilots did not have EFB, FMC and not even computers, but had to go through a paper world of information that FSLabs has made an attempt to replicate to make it more realistic and easier.

In addition, there will be a virtual engineer who will take care of the tedious - but most critical - task of managing the "back panel" if one wishes so. We may have other surprises in store that will be revealed at a later stage. FSL also had the habit in P3D to use extensively all GSX services, we can expect the same to happen in MSFS.

FSL does work - very - slowly, but rarely, if at all, disappoint with their products, suffice to say they undertook in FSX and P3D what others did not succeed with before (A320 family, Concorde), easily the lost complex aircraft to develop for a desktop PC.

In short, not a plane for the masses, but one that is highly expected by some, I will not even attempt to estimate how many, this would be pure speculation, there will be at least 2, Ray (P3D version) and I (MSFS)...

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

12 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

In short, not a plane for the masses, but one that is highly expected by some, I will not even attempt to estimate how many, this would be pure speculation, there will be at least 2, Ray and I...

True! 😎

-B

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No  

Thank you, no.  

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog