Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

FSLabs Concorde on the way (Beta testing for P3D first)

34 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

If FSLabs released a scaled down version of the Concorde at a price like the iniBuilds AN-225 they would do well given the number of PC and Xbox users now.

Why replicate what DC Designs have already done?

https://www.justflight.com/product/dc-designs-concorde-microsoft-flight-simulator

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

More the merrier! They could always offer the model with a different look/features from DC Designs with the option of an upgrade to the advanced version! I know this will never happen, but in my mind, a better way to get a share of the MSFS market with a lower priced base entry model (especially in view of the niche Concorde market).

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, CapnOz said:

Famous last words. You will be one of the first in line to buy this......

That is a real danger...

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

6 hours ago, The Flight Level said:

More the merrier! They could always offer the model with a different look/features from DC Designs with the option of an upgrade to the advanced version! I know this will never happen, but in my mind, a better way to get a share of the MSFS market with a lower priced base entry model (especially in view of the niche Concorde market).

I am not convinced that FSLabs are doing this solely for the purpose of making huge amounts of money from it. I suspect that they also have a passion for this particular aircraft, and a dedication to make it the best that it can possibly be. Frankly, I admire that in an age where making lots of money seems to be the only consideration for a lot of people.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For the few flights over the pond I am absolutely fine with the DC Designs Concorde. It mirrors the basic principles of flying a concorde - that is enough for my needs.

I flew the FSL concorde in FSX and to be honest - using the virtual engineer it was not that difficult or challenging to master the FSL Concorde. Write down a list of flows once and even a Concorde can be very easy to handle.

PMDG transitioned from P3D to MSFS with their DC6, arguably not a very appealing aircraft to this simmer crowd (I bought it): not in operation today, with no magenta line or FMC, equipped with a clunky AP and a GPS that was not existing during its operating years, crawling at an abysmal speed to cross the pond... and yet it was an immense commercial success (according to PMDG).

FSL now transitions from P3D to MSFS with the Concorde, and will accomplish with it what PMDG did with their DC6 before moving on to its 737 NG series. This is a similar approach, except that Concorde is more demanding in terms of initial learning and less forgiving than the DC6... oh yes, and a tad faster. But so much more rewarding once you get it under control (speaking out of experience, I had a lot of fun with the previous versions).

I see it as a real, but pleasant, challenge to get out of the comfortable routine of our modern super automatised aircraft, and with virtual crew (CP and Engineer), we will only concentrate on our part, something the DC6 did not offer.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I'll be buying. Whatever the cost

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

8 hours ago, The Flight Level said:

More the merrier! They could always offer the model with a different look/features from DC Designs with the option of an upgrade to the advanced version! I know this will never happen,

Too much work and you’re correct. It will never happen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, PTI139 said:

I flew the FSL concorde in FSX and to be honest - using the virtual engineer it was not that difficult or challenging to master the FSL Concorde.

Why didn’t you turn off the VFE and handle fuel yourself?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am not convinced that FSLabs are doing this solely for the purpose of making huge amounts of money from it. I suspect that they also have a passion for this particular aircraft, and a dedication to make it the best that it can possibly be. Frankly, I admire that in an age where making lots of money seems to be the only consideration for a lot of people.

They certainly are not into the maximizing-your-profit style, because if they were they'd already be pumping out cheap good looking aircraft for MSFS. However, I'm quite sure most of their team isn't actually working on the entertainment-side of the sim business but rather on their many commercial contracts. This would explain why they are developing in slow motion, if there are only like 2 guys actually working on the Concorde. So it's probably not like they are working with all their team on a product that is hardly gonna sell a 100 copies for P3D, but rather that only a small portion of the team is working on that and therefore they can "afford" it.
They might very well end up making the decision that entering the (then oversaturated?) MSFS market is not worth it at all and focus only on their commercial contracts. Actually, I believe they already made that decision and the Concorde will be their last entertainment project and is only still being developed because development started years ago, so they'll finish it and thereafter they are "out". That's the only logical explanation on my book for their blatant disregard of MSFS.

P3D: Maybe? If they do like PMDG did with the  NGXU then possibly.

Maybe they have gotten smart and did simultaneous dev work in MSFS.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

54 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

......I'm quite sure most of their team isn't actually working on the entertainment-side of the sim business but rather on their many commercial contracts......

This  

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Why didn’t you turn off the VFE and handle fuel yourself?

Because I do not want to simulate the flight engineers work - I am happy to do my "job" as pilot. Flightsimulation in my eyes is not necessarily supposed to be complicated - I like the immersion to feel like a pilot.  

28 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

Because I do not want to simulate the flight engineers work - I am happy to do my "job" as pilot. Flightsimulation in my eyes is not necessarily supposed to be complicated - I like the immersion to feel like a pilot.  

In the real world both pilots were required to have an understanding of the FE's job. Imagine if he became indisposed during the flight. It's highly satisfying to properly manage the fuel and after some experience the user can generally do a better job than the VFE.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No 

Oof, I'd feel really stupid investing as much as a dime into P3D at this point. So that's a big no.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB