Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

FSLabs Concorde on the way (Beta testing for P3D first)

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In the real world both pilots were required to have an understanding of the FE's job. Imagine if he became indisposed during the flight. It's highly satisfying to properly manage the fuel and after some experience the user can generally do a better job than the VFE.

To be fair, you did say yourself that it was quite some time before you took manual control of the flight engineer's tasks, Ray :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

To be fair, you did say yourself that it was quite some time before you took manual control of the flight engineer's tasks, Ray :smile:

It was Chris. Several years in fact. But during those hops across the pond there really isn’t that much for the pilot to do. So I learned how to manage fuel and never looked back.

I still leave some tasks to the VFE since the periods when he has things to do, I do too as the pilot flying.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wow, I have to admire an outfit that is actively developing for P3D these days. Looking at the AVSIM P3D forum on Sunday morning, the first posting the shows a "Friday" timestamp is the sixth one down below the pinned items. For the MSFS forum, that first Friday posting is somewhere on the third page! Putting significant resources into a contracting market takes a lot of nerve, and apparently PSL has it.

Given how long it took PMDG to get from a fully functional line of 737s in P3D to the first MSFS -700, by the time the PSL Concorde makes it all the way to the newer platform, we will all be long in the tooth. Good luck with all that.

• Like 3

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

13 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

Looking at the AVSIM P3D forum on Sunday morning, the first posting the shows a "Friday" timestamp is the sixth one down below the pinned items. For the MSFS forum, that first Friday posting is somewhere on the third page!

Probably because P3Dv5.3 is an established product and users don’t have any problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, Steve Dra said:

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No  

P3D - no, MSFS - a resounding YES!

I uninstalled P3D 5.3 in Nov. '21 and have no intention of re-installing. Some people have speculated that FSLabs could do a "PMDG NGXu" thingy (buy for P3D when released, get the MSFS version heavily discounted), but even if I would be more than happy to support FSLabs, I do not want to artificially "inflate" the perceived number of P3D users.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Probably because P3Dv5.3 is an established product and users don’t have any problems.

Oh Please.....🤪

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Oh Please.....🤪

+1

🤣

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

On 5/20/2023 at 6:51 AM, Steve Dra said:

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No  

For P3D v6 with streaming Worldwide Ortho?  Why, yes I will.  🤓

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

FYI, the P3D concorde update doesn't even have a thread in the AVSIM P3D subforum, that tells you a lot

• Like 3

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

2 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

FYI, the P3D concorde update doesn't even have a thread in the AVSIM P3D subforum, that tells you a lot

It has a thread here, because here  is where everyone is.  😉

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am not familiar with the FSLabs operation … people on salary or just keen simmers who strive for the best product possible. From an outsider point of view, clearly not a marketing strategy as developers in for the long successful expanding numbers have adopted for MSFS. All guess work on my part till the FSLabs people speak for themselves.

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

11 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

I am not familiar with the FSLabs operation … people on salary or just keen simmers who strive for the best product possible.

One of the FSL programmers wrote the software for the world’s only Concorde simulator now located at Brooklands, England. Far more than just keen simmers.

• Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It has a thread here, because here  is where everyone is.  😉

Oh please. 🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am not convinced that FSLabs are doing this solely for the purpose of making huge amounts of money from it. I suspect that they also have a passion for this particular aircraft, and a dedication to make it the best that it can possibly be. Frankly, I admire that in an age where making lots of money seems to be the only consideration for a lot of people.

This is a dangerous path to take for a business, especially if the investment in the project makes up a significant percentage of a company's cash reserves.  Businesses that engage in "pet projects" that lose them a lot of money they can't afford, won't be in business for much longer and will probably be filing bankruptcy soon.

The exception to this is if the "pet project" that is projected to lose them money, makes up an insignificant percentage of their cash reserves and it's something they can easily afford, then there isn't as much of a downside to embark on such projects.

There is also the case where it makes sense for a business to finish a project, even if that project loses the business money, because finishing the project means the business loses less money, than if they just outright halted the project. 

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

No for the P3D, Yes for the MSFS.

Looking at the screenshot of the VC, you can clearly see the limits of P3D. I hope they will really take advantage of the MSFS engine, unlike Leonardo with the Maddog.

• Like 2