Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

Are You An MSFS One Trick Pony?

Sadly most of the "careers" tend to "progress" you into airliners.

I have known a few real life pilots that had chances to study and progress to airlines but decided the stress, crazy hours and long flight boredom was not worth the end of career extra money and stayed in GA. 

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

No, I am not. I rotate between half a dozen of very different aircraft that I fly for a few weeks each, picking up destinations all over the world for one-hour or less flights.

My ponies were, for the past months, the Milviz Pilatus Porter and Cessna 310, the Flyingiron Spitfire and Hellcat, the Asobo Cabri. 

Waiting in the background are the DC6, the Corsair that I would fly more if she was NAV equipped (user message to Milviz if they care), the Gina and F104 that I have not flown for quite some time now.

Each one has her own personality and, as its not like riding a bicycle, you have to learn again the way they fly each time you come back to them. 

If I was in the one-trick pony thing that would be riding the Pilatus Porter, I guess. Somewhere.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I mainly fly aircraft with up to 4 seats and piston engines, default and third party.
Next to that the default Cabri and Bell 407 can count on a regular take up in the sky.

Edited by bvdboomen
  • Like 1

PMDG 738, Fenix A320, FBW A320NEO, ATR, 930, Carrack, Mercury, Gladius. Rinse and repeat.......................

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

Fenix 320 and PMDG 737 here, 95% of the time...

Me too, but I feel like I'm missing out on alot of scenic awesomeness

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Me too, but I feel like I'm missing out on alot of scenic awesomeness

For the scenic I often use a mod of the default C152, or the Carenado V35B.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I made myself a set of rules: (1) Never fly twice the same plane in a row, (2) Always fly from the airport where I landed the previous flight, (3) Switch from GA to liners as often as practicable.

In the recent days, my logbook reads: EGKK to GCTS (FBWA320), GCTS to DNMM (Longitude), DNMM to HKJK (A310),  Masai Mara safari (Cabri), HKJK to HTZA (BS King Air), HTZA to FAOR (Headwind A339), FAOR to YSSY (HD B78X), YSSY to VHHH (Salty B748). That keeps the brain actively jogging.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I randomize where I fly to so it forces me to use a wide range of craft:

Modded XCub, Modded C172, Modded G36, TBM, Longitude, PMDG 737 and rarely the default C172 if I have to land on a water/ice. 

• Like 2

Fenix A320 , yes i know its pathetic !!  and i do have others though 🙄

• Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I rarely fly the same plane back to back unless it’s a brand new one.  There’s just too many good ones to choose from.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, sonny147 said:

Fenix A320 , yes i know its pathetic !!  and i do have others though 🙄

I flew the A 320 for many months, but was not happy with the way it landed, I purchased the PMDG 737-600 first and then quickly bought the 800. I just can't get into flying the Fenix anymore. I love the FMC in the PMDG, it is so much easier to change things, than the FMC in the A 320. And landing the 737 is a piece of cake.  

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've been flying the default Longitude exclusively for the around 2 months now. Ill be jumping back into the PMDG 737 BBJ next. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I don't have much time for serious flightsim these days so mainly I'm an aircraft addon collector haha!  But I don't mind as I like to support the devs who make flightsim great...and I do tend to stick with a few over and over.  Namely the Black Square King air, Baron and Carenado PC12.  Also the default Longitude is up there for most flight time.

What happened to the CJ4. I thought you liked that a lot.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

50 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

What happened to the CJ4. I thought you liked that a lot.

Too many planes to fly in very little time.  I do like the CJ4.  The C700 is faster though and it works with charts.  Also the touch functionality is nicer in VR.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

I rarely fly the same plane back to back unless it’s a brand new one.  There’s just too many good ones to choose from.

This.