Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xiderpunk

Anyone seen FEX in game yet?

Guest danny68

Just wondering if anyone has feedback yet, good or bad about how FEX is looking in game?Any performance issues?

Hi Danny,Like many others I had some problem installing the addon but I received an excellent and fast support from the developers via msn.As far as I understood they will release a small patch for that today.It took 9 months to Peter Wilding & Chris Norris to build this program but believe me the result is a wonderful baby!It's the first time in my (long) simmer life that I have a feeling like that:I was flying above the Swiss Alps, listening to Keith Jarrett on my walkman and I felt a deep peaceful emotion I rarely had with FSX, discovering the new beauty of the sim.FEX is not "only" a texture placer, it's an artistic masterpiece.Colours have been choosen with talent, clouds are simply fantastic and look so true, water colours and animations are stunning, the overall sensation is that you fly for real in a beautiful environment.I have tested FEX in different situations, time and seasons, using some "test saved flights" (I call them "24-26", "20-23", etc..., which are the average fps I get when begining the flight so I can compare when changing parameters) and have noticed no performance issue at all.I am not used to promote commercial addons on forums and I am not linked to Flight1 in no way.I just would like to share the pleasure I have discovering FSX with FEX.Hope it helps,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I agree with all the above - simply stunning and the perfect partner for my GenerationX photoscenery esp. the sea textures and colours which have always been a bit over blue for UK waters.

Took off from Malaga heading up to Manchester in LVLD 767 about an hour ago,running with 5 layers of cloud with Active Sky X.No performance issues whatsoever.Now heading over the coast of Nothern Spain and the sea looks pretty choppy from FL370. Great improvement over the stock water, and textures look more realistic to me than X Graphics. A must buy IMO.

Guest JimC1702

I'll add my two cents. FEX looks fantastic. It has transformed FSX into a totally new sim. Even the ambient lighting seems different. And with no performance hit that I've seen yet.It's too bad there was a slight snafu with the registration, but in the scheme of life, it's a very insignificant issue, and they were working on it very late last night East coast time in the US. I was finally able to get logged in and took my maiden flight before I went to bed.I took a flight this morning from my home airport with real world weather. Although the weather isn't remarkable today, I was impressed when I went outside and saw exactly what I'd seen in FSX. Fluffy white clouds on a sky of brilliant blue. I'm anxious to try some other themes. I like the greener waters for inland water but I've got too much chop right now for lakes and rivers, need to tone it down a bit.Jim

>I took a flight this morning from my home airport with real>world weather. Although the weather isn't remarkable today, I>was impressed when I went outside and saw exactly what I'd>seen in FSX. Fluffy white clouds on a sky of brilliant blue. As I pointed out in another thread, FSX is quite good at fluffy white clouds on a sky of brilliant blue, but unfortunately (in my experience) isn't much good at the kind of clouds we see in the UK most of the time, i.e. huge great slabs of cloud that cover most if not all of the visible sky.Does FEX do anything about this, or is it just not possible given the (understandable) limitations of FSX?I'll probably buy FEX at some point either way based on what I'm hearing...

I did a quick tour our of Princess Juliana to check out the new water and clouds. I was impressed with the clouds, finally looking like actual clouds. The now looked so real, the only thing I was missing was the boats in harbour and shallow waters casting their shadows on the sea bottom below.Also, I noticed no FPS hit whatsoever and I had a nice smooth flight on my old (single core) machine.Please check out the attached screenshots.

Guest missionballer

I bought and installed FEX this morning, and let it install the textures...then fired up FSX and went straight to Juliana like you did and was simply blown away, it was just so beautiful compared to stock FSX, which wasnt too bad to begin with. Then i came around for the rny ( approach into juliana and as i descended the waves were moving so realistically i got misty eyed. TYTYTY Flight One and all those associated with the creation of FEX. Simply the best addon i have bought for FSX so far

No frame rate hit, the textures are a dramatic improvement over the default, the ability to adjust texture brightness, opacity and saturation, a plentiful supply of themes and constantly updated textures by the developer and eventually a large user base.It is the best update to FSX yet. You can rest assured that anything Peter Wilding puts his hand on is a winner.There were some initial issues with registration, but an update has already been issued which solved the problem. A weather generator is planned for the future as well. Regards,Jim Karn

>Just wondering if anyone has feedback yet, good or bad about>how FEX is looking in game?>>Any performance issues?>No performance hit and, as have already been said, best FSX addon to date. Enough said.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest danny68

Thanks to all,You have concinced me.I'll let you know later what I think of it.

Good post cc. ;'Huge slab clouds...' Dead silence from response posters.Peter Sydney Australia

Huge anvil clouds. How do they look?Post us a shot!Peter Sydney Australia

Screenshots in the screenshot forum here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=147

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White