Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xiderpunk

Anyone seen FEX in game yet?

Guest cliffie1931

This is one of those few occasions where the hype matches the quality of the product.It increases the realism to the point where one wonders whether it can ever be significantly raised in the future.I've been a Simmer for many years and have tried many,many add-ons in that time. Apart from FSNav this is perhaps the best I've ever come across.Congratulations to the team that produced this. Cliff

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>As I pointed out in another thread, FSX is quite good at>fluffy white clouds on a sky of brilliant blue, but>unfortunately (in my experience) isn't much good at the kind>of clouds we see in the UK most of the time, i.e. huge great>slabs of cloud that cover most if not all of the visible sky.>>Does FEX do anything about this, or is it just not possible>given the (understandable) limitations of FSX?>I think it's a limitation of FSX. Maybe DX10 will improve it. We'll find out tomorrow or Tuesday. :-)

Guest danny68

Textures look fantastic.... well done guys... great job.I'm stuggling though to understand how to upload and make themes? Has anyome tried this yet?

Guest Xiderpunk

>Textures look fantastic.... well done guys... great job.>>I'm stuggling though to understand how to upload and make>themes? Has anyome tried this yet?>Hi Danny,Thanks for the comments! :-) I put up a quick and dirty HOWTO on our forum, however am quite happy to give you run through of how to do this:Will use a cloud theme to start with:Ok to make a new cloud theme, if you start by clicking the Cloud button this will take you to the selector screen.. the tab at the top titled "Designer" opens the design tool.First thing to do, is play around with the bias slider on the bottom of the screen.. each time you move the slider from left to right press the "Randomize" button to get a general look of the clouds.You can make adjustments on a small scale, for example just randomize the wispy part of the cloud structure by unticking the box for the Cumulus. Just to reiterate a point here.. what you are doing is litterally creating a cloud you will likely never be able to create again.Once you are happy with the general look of the cloud structure you can then apply different effects to it. For example you can change the artwork set used to make a more grey looking cloud, you can raise the opacity settings which works better for stormy clouds or reduce it for a more subtle hazy day. The brightness of the cloud can be changed as can the depth of shadow on the base of the cloud.You can then repeat this process for each aspect of cloud make up. By clicking the Stratus/Wispy/Cirrus tabs at the top.Once you have decided, Ok this looks like it might work. Click the "Save" button and enter a bit of detail as well as either selecting an existing category or typing in the box to create a new one.Once that is done you can now "Test in FSX".This will allow you to go into FSX and capture screenshots for your new cloud theme. To do this you can press the 'V' key as normal and you will see a scrolling FEX message accross the top of FEX to tell you you have captured a shot. (It will allow only three shots and then start cycling).Once done, exit FSX. Then back in FEX you will see the screenshots you captured, resized and compressed. Then you can "Publish" the newly created theme to our website so other users can download it. Just hit the second button under the theme list in the designer to open the dialog.The name field will automatically be filled in for you, however you can change this here also. Then click the Tick next to the name field to check that the theme name you have supplied is unique on our server.Once that is done, hit publish and you will see progress bar. :-)I don't know if this is of interest to you, but we could have a voice conference and I can talk you through it if you would find it easier than just written blurb?:-)Chris Norris

I must aggree with all the plus reviews. The clouds are stupendus! I flew from the Pacific coast to Missuola (KMSO) and had perfect clouds that adjusted perfectly to the changing terrain. I almost can't believe what was accomplished with this product. Well done by all involved in this project.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I must aggree with all the plus reviews. The clouds are stupendus! I flew from the Pacific coast to Missuola (KMSO) and had perfect clouds that adjusted perfectly to the changing terrain. I almost can't believe what was accomplished with this product. Well done by all involved in this project.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest Xiderpunk

Many many thanks, I can't even tell you how grateful we are for these positive comments. You know both Peter and I before launch were worrying over every little thing, hoping that people will enjoy FEX as we have worked nothing short of insane hours to that end for months!:-)Anyway thanks again!Chris Norris

Guest tmilton

FEX is a winner in every sense of the word. Now, every time I use FSX I am constantly staring at the incredible scenic wonder that unfolds before my eyes. FEX has unquestionably improved and elevated FSX beyond any other addon so far.

Guest The B of BLT

Great Pics!On the fifth one which is the one from the cockpit what scenery is that that gives you the lighting effect on the ground to the left of the airport?

Guest drdaru1

Is there any way to get a %100 overcast layer with no holes? I mean like a hovering stratus layer that's maybe 200ft-1000ft thick, no holes. Kind of like flying in the south in spring.

Chris...If you find this, I left a Customer Service help ticket with no response yet. For some reason I cannot register.The Proof of Puchase/Certificate number you sent me is:ADMIN'S EDIT:Steve, for the moment, I removed your purchase details... I didn't think it was a good idea to have it up, even with your password removed.Please... what Am I DOING WRONG??Can you help me, Chris? ... or anyone else who has had this problem?Thank you, SteveSteve

Thanks to the Admninistrator...Chris, If you read this... I did the same thing 25+ times. But it finally took it. I have no understanding of what happened. Now I'm ready to try it out.No need to reply. I took down my Customer Service ticket.Thanks,Steve