Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Asobo ATR 72 and 42

Hi Nico.

Whenever I am using these aircraft (ATR42-600/ATR72-600) in MSFS, I am always getting the wingspan error.

I am guessing it is because being a marketplace addon, some files get encrypted, like aircraft.cfg and then PSXT can not read that info.

This is what the log creates for example with the ATR 72-600 with a BRA livery.

MSFS (11.0.282174.999) connected 
    SimConnect: User aircraft title: ATR 72 BRA SE-MKL
User aircraft wing span unknown, max is taken instead, please report in my Forum!
    SimConnect: User aircraft model: AIRCRAFT.UI_MODEL, category: Light

Hope this helps.

Craig

You must not use Asobo aircraft in PSXT...These are user flyable aircraft, not ai aircraft.

(I guess Asobo has not used the right icao codes for these two  that's why you get the wingspan errors)

15 hours ago, kiek said:

You must not use Asobo aircraft in PSXT...These are user flyable aircraft, not ai aircraft.

(I guess Asobo has not used the right icao codes for these two  that's why you get the wingspan errors)

I am not using it as AI though, thats the plane I am flying and as I taxi past other planes 20 metres away, it deletes them because it does not know what my wingspan is of the plane I am in. 
Sorry when I wrote I am using the plane, I mean I am flying it and it does the same thing with the ATR 42-600 and the ATR 72-600.

You ask to report it in your forum, so I am 🙂

Edited by ckukmale

2 hours ago, ckukmale said:

I am not using it as AI though, thats the plane I am flying and as I taxi past other planes 20 metres away, it deletes them because it does not know what my wingspan is of the plane I am in. 
Sorry when I wrote I am using the plane, I mean I am flying it and it does the same thing with the ATR 42-600 and the ATR 72-600.

You ask to report it in your forum, so I am 🙂

Aha, sorry for the confusion. Then you must edit Asobo's aircraft.cfg files. Change the wrong codes over there in the right ICAO type codes, AT46 and AT76.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

I have the same message with Fenix. Nothing to worry about with the flyable planes, I guess.

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I have the same message with Fenix. Nothing to worry about with the flyable planes, I guess.

Except that PSXT now takes your a320 as being  a very large plane, which means it removed static aircraft that are parked at adjacent gates to you...

It is better to change the type in Fenix's aircraft.cfg.

Edited by kiek

19 minutes ago, kiek said:

Except that PSXT now takes your a320 as being  a very large plane, which means it removed static aircraft that are parked at adjacent gates to you...

It is better to change the type in Fenix's aircraft.cfg.

Well, I think it's impossible as Fenix's internal module checks the conformity of all related files on each start-up and correct them if needed. It should be addressed to the developers. 

Edited by G-YMML1

58 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Well, I think it's impossible as Fenix's internal module checks the conformity of all related files on each start-up and correct them if needed. It should be addressed to the developers. 

But did you try? I run the Fenix A320 too without problems.

19 hours ago, kiek said:

Aha, sorry for the confusion. Then you must edit Asobo's aircraft.cfg files. Change the wrong codes over there in the right ICAO type codes, AT46 and AT76.

Thats the thing, because it is from marketplace, the aircraft.cfg file and other files are encrypted so it is not accessible. 🙂 The sim knows how to read the files but for a user, you can not edit them. 

3 minutes ago, ckukmale said:

Thats the thing, because it is from marketplace, the aircraft.cfg file and other files are encrypted so it is not accessible. 🙂 The sim knows how to read the files but for a user, you can not edit them. 

Well then ask the developers to do their work correctly...

In the mean time, after june 4th, I will let PSXT automatically correct these wrong aircraft codes.

• Like 1