Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

My flying little goat

After some weeks with warbirds and the Porter, I fired up the Cabri again today. What  a pleasant machine ! Not easy without being overly difficult, the constant trade-offs between power and attitude, horizontal and vertical velocities while flying along roads and rivers in rugged terrain are a lot of fun. Asoso made a real beauty. 

She is a little slow and not good to fly above 6/7 000 feet, these are the only things one could  find default with.  

If you dont' know the Cabri and are intimidated by helis, here is a good manual by the University of Dubuque :

Guimbal-Private-and-Commercial-SOP.pdf (dbq.edu)

Now, there is this Alouette on my radar screen (Alouette, gentille alouette... ) which looks good !  Hmmm... 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Alouette, gentille alouette

We learnt Alouette, in French, growing up as kids in England . Can't remember if it was a school thing or just something kids do. 

7 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

We learnt Alouette, in French, growing up as kids in England . Can't remember if it was a school thing or just something kids do. 

A nursery rhyme written in French in Quebec. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Learned it phonetically so alouette was probably the only word we hit. Embarrassed that I didnt know the second word was gentille until I saw your post

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Learned it phonetically so alouette was probably the only word we hit. Embarrassed that I didnt know the second word was gentille until I saw your post

Me too!

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Gosh, I must have just remembered that from... the 4th grade. Why I don't know, never ever made the connection until this thread, I didn't know the word was gentille , either.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

😁

just to be sure, this is the Alouette I was speaking of

• Like 1

Dominique

Not the simulated one, but the real last French Navy Alouette III flight being beautifully and artistically photographed in 2022 by your famous French "Peintres de Marine", superb shots and maritime environment:

Mine will be used by Air Glacier in Sion!

https://www.alouettelama.com/msn/a3-1101/A3-1152.html

• Like 3

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Great vid with impressive still hovers ! There are iconic aircraft, the Alouette 3 is one. It is sold only on flightsim.to right now. Nothing against this wonderful site but the e-commerce they use seems a new small  outfit out of California. I'd prefer to see her on known grounds like Orbx or Simmarket. So waiting a little while.   

In the meantime, the Cabri.

Dominique

15 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

You don't want to know the lyrics, somewhat cruel as some tales for little kids can be. It is about plucking the poor lark piece by piece.

Dominique

If you want to enjoy your Cabri (I would not recommend the Alouette though), go for a safari! This is a great freeware if ou have not tried it yet: https://store.inibuilds.com/products/inibuilds-maasai-mara-safari-pack-msfs

That's the Masai Mara safari park with several bush airports, fauna aplenty! I had a field day last week exploring the virtual park with the Cabri (quite adequate for this sort of flight) especially after I had my "Breakfast with the crocodiles"TM twenty five years ago at the Serena Lodge, unforgettable! This sim never ceases to amaze me.

Well, on second thought, is it a good idea to fly a goat above crocodiles?!

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

On 5/21/2023 at 12:10 PM, Dominique_K said:

A nursery rhyme written in French in Quebec. 

Frere Jacque

I was taught this nursery rhyme as a small child, which is odd because we're not of French ancestry at all and are far away from Quebec.  The variant we learned is a little different, the popular one is dormez vous..etc. etc.   However, I seem to remember "frere jacque, jacque alouette, frere jacque, jacque alouette..." and then it would go on with dormez vous and the rest of it.

What type of stick/controller setup are you using with the Cabri?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Well, on second thought, is it a good idea to fly a goat above crocodiles?!

You caught me descending the goatcopter over marshlands in NE Borneo to WAQQ wondering what kind of animals were crawling below  😀.

For Africa, I have the "we have hippos" lovely freeware. This Masai Mara looks good too ! 

20 minutes ago, Mace said:

Frere Jacque

What type of stick/controller setup are you using with the Cabri?

Frère Jacques is an 18th century French kiddie song. Supposed to have been written by Rameau. As you probably know, Jacques is a monk called to ring the bells to wake up the other  monks for the Office of Matins  ! 

I use the Warthog HOTAS, with the throttle quadrant left lever for the throttle, the right lever for the collective and the joystick  for the cyclic with the PoV hat for the trims and the MFG pedals for the counter-torque. 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique