Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Urgent ! Real 747 engineer required !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest nitram

I have n't posted for a while but I am in desperate need of advice!I am taking an airline to court tomorrow, but they have only got me their evidence today. I am trying to find out some info, but most of the engineering companies are unwilling to help.Can the number 1 engine be run while numer 3 & 4 engines are removed ?(ground maintenance conditions...not flight!)

Guest panda234

I'm not an engineer but if the number 1 engine can be run by itself on a stand in the maintanence shop why couldn't it be run by itself on the wing? You'd want to make sure that the fuel was not flowing to engines that weren't there but in principle the same logic would apply. I think.

Guest nitram

Thanks for your reply, but I need an engineer who can verify this by email as My court action is tomorrow afternoon. I am sure that it can be done but with 2 engines missing from the other wing there could be structural damage? caused by the weight on the spar? I just want to have good proof.

Guest nitram

New question, Can a faulty non-operational thrust reverser be tested/fault diagnosed without engine power? ( I am assuming that the apu is supplying electricity and hydralics) It was a detached cable (wire not electrical) from the cockpit controls to the thrust flaps. Could this be diagnosed without the engine running?

"I have n't posted for a while but I am in desperate need of advice!I am taking an airline to court tomorrow, but they have only got me their evidence today. I am trying to find out some info, but most of the engineering companies are unwilling to help."I know zilch about Boeing engineering, but have sat on a few juries and know courtroom procedure fairly well. The first thing your lawyer should do is ask for a continuance. If the airline has only disclosed their evidence the day before trial, how can you be possibly prepared to take them to court? You will end up rushing through a process and probably having the case kicked out. Since you haven't shared many details of your case, you also place possible responders here in an awkward position. Not that you are doing so, but the post takes the "appearance" of a "fishing expedition" and people may perceive your motives as cloudy or insincere.Anyway, that's my advice. Get a continuance, and be prepared. And be prepared to cut your losses and drop the suit if no one cooperates. We live in a litigious society--not everyone wins, even those who deserve to.-John

Guest nitram

I take on board your comments and I would like to say more, but that is not prudent before the court date. As for litigation, I have never done this before, but after what myself and other passengers went through, this particular company needs an attitude adjustment. I am not doing it for the money, but at the same time, I do not want to lose on a technicallity.Cheers Martin

Thanks Martin. Understood. Here's hoping your attorney can get you a continuance to better prepare. All parties are required to disclose data pertinent to the case, and if the airline stalled until the last moment to disclose data in your case, your team has a right to adjust to that. Good luck,John

>I have n't posted for a while but I am in desperate need of>advice!>I am taking an airline to court tomorrow, You have a court date tomorrow and you are collecting some data today on the internet forum - well, it doesn't speak very convincing about your case (or your lawyer).Michael J.

>You have a court date tomorrow and you are collecting some>data today on the internet forum - well, it doesn't speak very>convincing about your case (or your lawyer).>>Michael J.>Haha and on a flightsim forum nonetheless. For some reason I am thinking this is a BS case because you would know the right people to go to for answers.

Guest nitram

Nice comments Guys, especially when I came here for advice, but just for you doubters, my case is in a UK small claims court where I can defend myself. If I did use a solicitor, under court rules, I cannot claim for their costs, even if I win. My case has been run past someone who is able to give me non-technically based legal info and they will be in attendance. I came here to finalise some very important details. 99.99% of my case is ready. I don't consider one detail a cause for failure. Thanks for the encouragement........Those have now been cleared up in my mind, so today is the day I go to court............wether you believe it or not! As for the right people to ask, have you ever tried to get specific technical data from any airline or maintenance company? I have and it is like some secret society. The people I am taking to court have taken over 1 year to supply me with a few papers. I spent the day yesterday on the phone taking to: Cargolux in luxembourg, Rolls Royce and the CAA in UK and Boeing in Seattle. They are all unwilling to commit themselves when it involves a case against a company that may or may not be one of their clients.By the way, thanks for the BS.......

>By the way, thanks for the BS.......It is indeed very easy to dismiss your case as BS - now we learn all of a sudden that this is a small claims court case and not some big class action lawsuit with skilled lawyers, subject matter experts and perhaps 12 jurors - so why all this conspiracy on your part?. There is absolutely no harm done discussing small claim court cases in advance - even in public. Tell us what the case is and we can all make up our mind whether it is a BS or not. Don't know what the standarts in UK are but you usually need an expert witness if the case hinges on very technical aspects and it sounds like you have none. Anyway, unless you are willing to share details of your case, sorry but it does sound like BS. Michael J.

Guest nitram

The internet is read by many and I learned a lot about the particular by joining their forums. I do not want to risk the chance of someone reading it from the company, if I am too specific. Who knows, there is a good chance that some people in the industry like flight sims. I am not going into case specifics, but things went well.Thanks for the forum link, it looks very good.nitram

>By the way, thanks for the BS.......Anyday :) You say 99.99% of your case is ready but you still tried to contact every aspect of your case right before the court date? Seems like you still needed a lot of answers for your case. Of course no one talked, the aviation industry is a very tight group and when you try to go after one entity they will all try to protect eachother. After being in and around this industry my whole life it's easy to see you won't get the answers from the company or anyone that is within the company.

Guest nitram

I only needed one question answered and I got it. The defendant's evidence was handed to me 5 days late. That was yesterday........the day before court. As I said my case went well today and the airline has been torn off a strip by the judge. The case was ajourned until a whole day could be set aside instead of the 2 hours. He said my case may become a test case for Eu261/2004 regulations and was too big to be settled in 2 hours.Thanks for all the input.