Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

Headwind

any news on the Headwind 330 update with improved VNav ?

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

From their discord:

Hey @everyone,

We're coming at you with some big updates today! First up, we're shaking up our development process. The development and experimental versions are going backstage, but we've got you covered with the new **Pre-Release** version. It'll give you regular sneak peeks at what we're working on, and we're excited to hear your thoughts.

Get ready to test out our **first alpha build**, now live in the installer! You'll get an early look at the **vnav feature for our A330neo Aircraft**. Remember, it's early days, so thanks for being patient while we smooth things out.

Plus, we've integrated direct links for SimBrief into the launcher descriptions of the different builds. Keep in mind, the vnav feature will have a new SimBrief Airframe, which we're still fine-tuning.

But wait, **there's more**! Starting today, we're launching a new screenshot contest. Capture your best shots of our new Headwind Simulations livery and you could snag a **$25 voucher for a Flight Sim shop of your choice**. The <#1069605009316118598> Channel is now open for entries. For all the details, check out the pinned rules post in the contest channel (https://discord.com/channels/965000103150645258/1069605009316118598/1109923680286416926).

Lots of exciting stuff happening! Your thoughts and feedback are super important to us. So, let's keep the conversation going.

Stay tuned and keep being awesome!

Happy Flying,
Revyn112
Headwind Simulations

• Like 4

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Sounds great looking fwd to this one , thanks fellas

• Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Just downloaded the Headwind A330 and I can't find where to calibrate the throttles. Im not seeing anything in their flypad. Through a rough search, I saw something that it should be the same as the A32X, but when I bring the throttles back to idle, it throws the engines in reverse. Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Just downloaded the Headwind A330 and I can't find where to calibrate the throttles. Im not seeing anything in their flypad. Through a rough search, I saw something that it should be the same as the A32X, but when I bring the throttles back to idle, it throws the engines in reverse. Thanks in advance. 

It is under Settings-Sim Options and is at the bottom under 'Throttle Detents'.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

You need to untick the checkmark that says reverse on axis or something like that.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

42 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

It is under Settings-Sim Options and is at the bottom under 'Throttle Detents'.

Well, that's embarrassing. Sometimes, I need to remember to slow down and check every option. Many thanks!

Man, this update is really, really great. This will completely fill my long haul needs until the PMDG 777 comes out. I familiar with the FBW A32X and absolutely love that plane. I was holding out on the Headwind until they were able to add a VNAV feature and now, the whole world is available. Many thanks to the folks over at Headwind (and obviously, FBW) for doing such a fantastic job.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Man, this update is really, really great. This will completely fill my long haul needs until the PMDG 777 comes out. I familiar with the FBW A32X and absolutely love that plane. I was holding out on the Headwind until they were able to add a VNAV feature and now, the whole world is available. Many thanks to the folks over at Headwind (and obviously, FBW) for doing such a fantastic job.

agree 100%, seems flawless having done a small EGLL-EBBR hop and currently being enroute to OMAA (since I have to work in parallel), all fine. TOC captured, TOD shown. happy camper

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I have been a big fan of the FBW Neo and is has been my go-to for many months.  I did not even know about the HW A330 until a week ago when someone posted a different thread about it  Glad I installed it!  I think it is great and the VNAV addition is very nice.  Worked very well for me last night descending into KATL. FBW also has the best airliner sounds in the sim IMO and HW did nice job implementing the Trents..

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Most of you guys probably know this, but I downloaded the version on flightsim.to and that version isn’t the one with VNAV. You need the Headwind Installer and select the ‘Alpha’ version. Been out of the loop for a bit and didn’t know they had their own installer!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

50 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Most of you guys probably know this, but I downloaded the version on flightsim.to and that version isn’t the one with VNAV. You need the Headwind Installer and select the ‘Alpha’ version. Been out of the loop for a bit and didn’t know they had their own installer!

Thanks, i never knew that, and was just using the Flightsim. To version.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Thanks, i never knew that, and was just using the Flightsim. To version.

yep, the installer is an (obvious) fork from the FBW installer and very convenient and easy to handle, it shares the simbridge module with FBW which lets you access the MCDU/FMC on other devices like iPad or iPhone. for those needing a direct link, check https://headwindsim.net/

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I'm curious as to how far this plane would fly with no passengers / empty cargo and fully fueled (maybe add in favorable winds). I know the range is something like 6,500NM, but thats obviously with "stuff" in it. What would be the best way of figuring something like that out?