Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Good Sound for FSX

I recently searched the AVSIM Library, FSX Message board, and have been unsuccessful in finding a good SOUND Package for the heavies :(Can someone please point me to some gold old fashion high pitch revving jet whirl sounds, the robotic whirling sound when flaps are deployed, the clunk and heavy sound when the landing gear lowers or rises, the rumbling sound when spoilers are deployed. A lot of sound is heard; at least when seated in the passenger cabin, especially on take-off, approaches and landing. I seem to remember downloading for fs2004 some great sounds for, I think it was a 737, even the wind noise kicked up considerably when the landing gears were deployed, very realistic sounds. I don

737_cfm56__the_real_deal_version_2.zip

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Thanks, is that in the FX Library?Ok sorry found it, but it is in the FS2004 library, can I use it for FSX and if so, how?

Just unzip and replace the files in the sound folder of the plane you want. For example, in the default location:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesB737_800SoundReplace both the *.wav files and the sound.cfg.You might find a miss-match between default FSX files and the wav files of a sound scheme designed for an FS9 aircraft.For example, in the FSX B737 800 aircraft.cfg file, it expects a flaps sound duration of 6 seconds. But if you change the flaps.wav file to one from an FS9 sound package, you might find the replacement file has the wrong duration. If it is too short, FSX might play the file more than once when the flaps are activated, with rather strange results. If this happens, you might need to edit the wav file, copying and pasting to add extra length to it. This can be done in Moviemaker, although if you use this application the file is saved in wma rather than wav format. So then you have to convert back to wav using say, iTunes.In summary, it is possible to use some of the really good sound schemes available for FS9 aircraft in FSX. But there are some problems that require file edits to get them to work properly.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Hey I tried it and the file you recommended has great engine sounds.Thanks a Million!