Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Big update to Just Flight BAe 146 including failures

Just got an email from Just Flight announcing the release of a big update to their excellent BAe 146.

Sadly this one doesn't include the UNS-1 FMC yet but the stand-out feature looks to be the addition of failures.

Full changelog is here
https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000124987-146-professional-msfs-changelog

• Like 7

Really glad to see that they're still working on it. I'm still hoping that they will redo a lot of the texture work in the cabin but we'll see.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Says compatibility for SU12. But it was already working fine with SU12?

Just now, jarmstro said:

Says compatibility for SU12. But it was already working fine with SU12?

Maybe there were minor bugs that most people didn't notice ?

• Like 1

I'm glad JustFlight is still updating the BAe 146.
Though I am concerned that it is still a '0' point something version, rather than a '1' point something, (v0.1.9)

The Avro RJ was previously discussed as being readied for an end of Q1 2023 release. Nearly 2 months after that provisional date, there still hasn't been any news since mid-December.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Excellent!  I've been flying the 146 quite a lot the past couple of weeks so this is very timely.  It remains one of my all-time favourites and for it to get even better is good news indeed.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

When it has the new FMC I will flight it again, good piece of software, recommended, anyway an a lot of joy hours in the near past in MSFS with it, it was too my first airliner in it.

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Really glad to see that they're still working on it. I'm still hoping that they will redo a lot of the texture work in the cabin but we'll see.

Based on their recent cabin video on the upcoming F28, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yUdunUXio4, I'm sure they have plans to revise the 146's cabin.

Also for those unaware, this update and the UNS were an indepdent development, in-case someone was expecting UNS in this update. The UNS was slated to be included in this update, but as the update itself was complete and the UNS was still undergoing development, it wasn't included. It will follow on at a later date.

One more bit, JF aims to release the F28 to us next month. with the F100 coming potentially later in the summer.

This info was gathered from JF's youtube comments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucky38i said:

Based on their recent cabin video on the upcoming F28, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yUdunUXio4, I'm sure they have plans to revise the 146's cabin.

One can only dream but that is for an upcoming aircraft. The 146 is out and one of the employees told me most people are happy with the 146 as it is so they don't see a need to bother with it. Dude told me the 146 was built from the ground up for MSFS but I refuse to believe that. Some of the textures are way too horrendous, especially in the cabin area. I hope you're right.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

When is the RJ due out? Feels like it is taking eons! Any info?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

no mention of a wx radar, has anyone tried this update and see if it includes it? thanks!

Enrique Vaamonde

42 minutes ago, evaamo said:

no mention of a wx radar, has anyone tried this update and see if it includes it? thanks!

It doesn’t. JF may not want to add the asobo one for accuracy reasons. Wish they’d add the terrain mode though 

22 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

It doesn’t. JF may not want to add the asobo one for accuracy reasons. Wish they’d add the terrain mode though 

Thanks for replying. That's disappointing. I was flying the Maddog the other day and saw some returns on the weather radar. I've gotta say it felt pretty cool...regardless of how limited the depiction was. 

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

4 hours ago, Purr said:

When is the RJ due out? Feels like it is taking eons! Any info?

Not as many eons as the JustFlight Tomahawk. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

18 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I'm glad JustFlight is still updating the BAe 146.
Though I am concerned that it is still a '0' point something version, rather than a '1' point something, (v0.1.9)

The Avro RJ was previously discussed as being readied for an end of Q1 2023 release. Nearly 2 months after that provisional date, there still hasn't been any news since mid-December.

That is just the MS/Asobo recommended numbering system. v0.1.9 equates to v1.9 in traditional numbering terms. We don't release anything prior to v1.0.

Unfortunately the RJ has been delayed by work on other projects, including the significant work on the recent PA28 updates and this 146 update. That's one of the challenges of the MSFS being a constantly evolving sim. We will be providing a detailed update on the RJ progress in the next week or two as it's certainly not been forgotten.

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 4

Martyn - Just Flight