Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

Not done a flight yet but on the ground, I got a tiny increase in FPS of 2 FPS. No other improvement visible to my eye.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

10 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Just finished updating to P3D v5.4. Everything went smoothly and so far everything I tested worked fine.

Thanks, Joseph. Did you see any improvement regarding default airport parking positions? There's nothing in the changelog about this. Since I fly the FSL planes, I can't yet update.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

27 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Thanks, Joseph. Did you see any improvement regarding default airport parking positions? There's nothing in the changelog about this. Since I fly the FSL planes, I can't yet update.

I didn't go to any default airports, just addons.

Performance improvements does not necessarily mean an increase in framerates. It could mean more consistent performance with fewer stutters, and in my experience with P3D, that is far more important than framerate boosts.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Performance improvements does not necessarily mean an increase in framerates. It could mean more consistent performance with fewer stutters, and in my experience with P3D, that is far more important than framerate boosts.

Absolutely this. I would happily take a 5% framerate decrease to get rid of freezes and stutters.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Absolutely this. I would happily take a 5% framerate decrease to get rid of freezes and stutters.

Cheers!

Agree. I have yet to find time to do a long flight but if it has those qualities, it will be worth it. (Although, to be honest, they don't worry me that much, I have accepted them as part of the package.)

Edited by IanHarrison
  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Hi all,

Just landed in KIAD coming from EGKK with an AS330.

My conclusions :

- less VRAM usage

- more stability

- some stuters remain, but before I head a little stop on arriving near KIAD, now, it is so short that I just see it quickly

- My processor  (13900KF) becomes warmer

I'll continue testing and tell you what I find.
Good evening from ELLX
Yves

• Upvote 2

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Stutters and sudden short freezes are the concern. Even with high FPS you can still experience these irritating glitches, hopefully they have gone some way to ironing these out. Good work LM when some are doubting your investment in our platform. 😁

Edited by CptBlackadder

Mark 

P3D V5.3 HF2, i9-11900K, 5.4GHz, MSI RTX3060 12GB VRAM, ASU Prime Z590-P,  32GB Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz RAM, 1 x 1TB Samsung 970 Evo plus, 2 x 500GB Crucial SSD500GB SSD. Win 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, CptBlackadder said:

Good work LM when some are doubting your investmen

They are investing in their own Platform that`s used to support their product real aircraft for their customers. We just hitch a ride of our choosing and get the benefits. If you were not a flight simmer you would never know it existed.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

43 minutes ago, CptBlackadder said:

Stutters and sudden short freezes are the concern.

Those are indicative of settings being too high for the hardware. Given you’re still on v4 you haven’t experienced the improvements v5.3 brought. With my 30Hz monitor running in 4K the vast majority of my flights have no stutters.

Once your CPU Core 0 hits 100% stutters are inevitable. The secret is no adjust settings to avoid that happening but it’s not easy.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes P3Dv5.5 is here, it has been some time I did a up grade. How do I just up grade the Client? I have read the Installation Directions, just a little confused this is what happens when you start getting old. LOL.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Those are indicative of settings being too high for the hardware. Given you’re still on v4 you haven’t experienced the improvements v5.3 brought. With my 30Hz monitor running in 4K the vast majority of my flights have no stutters.

Once your CPU Core 0 hits 100% stutters are inevitable. The secret is no adjust settings to avoid that happening but it’s not easy.

I have tested this with P3Dv4.5HF2, and I get similar stutters in certain areas whether Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density are high or low. I think something else is at work. Something that is much more difficult to pin down.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have tested this with P3Dv4.5HF2, and I get similar stutters in certain areas whether Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density are high or low. I think something else is at work. Something that is much more difficult to pin down.

I had it in v3.4. Just the way the processes are handled by the CPU. V5.3 brought great improvements.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Aviator Dan said:

Yes P3Dv5.5 is here, it has been some time I did a up grade. How do I just up grade the Client? I have read the Installation Directions, just a little confused this is what happens when you start getting old. LOL.

The same process for V5

Cheers

Steve Hall