Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

I would not worry about v6 not being in works. Remember three years ago when P3D v4.5 HF3 was released alongside v5?

Forgot about that.  Yes, that is a possibility too!


Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Share this post


Link to post

Along with the previously mentioned S/W that need updating to work with 5.4

let me add ToGa Projects EnvShade and EnvPlus, not sure about EnvTex.

Also RDShade and FFTF Dynamic.

Share this post


Link to post

This is a bit of a shock. I am still convinced that P3Dv6 is in development, but it makes me wonder what improvements are being worked on for that version. I think there is a fair chance now that Lockheed Martin will reveal some details about v6 at FSExpo, but whether it will interest anyone outside the few remaining members of the P3D brotherhood remains to be seen :wink:


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Client install only.

 

  • Fixed issue that could cause aircraft to appear above the ground at various add-on airports.

Confirmed fixed. Tested at PANC (Aerosoft)

AS8538 working fine with 5.4

  • Improved application background thread performance.

Not confirmed but seems to work better. Checked with Task Manager. Appears more balanced. Tested with Cloud details at max and ND Bell407 (used to load quite a bit with 5.3hf3)

Lots more to test.

Cheers

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Pierre

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see any improvement's in performance but tbf I have absolutely no Idea that this was even an issue... Performance was good enough in 5.3...

I expected LM to sit down and start to learn how to implement DX12 properly so that there would be a fix for the horrendous crashes and the absurd VRAM usage.

Share this post


Link to post

Installed the 5.4 client and encountered one issue sofar: The sim did not start, the cause was I still did have the Traffictoolbox module enabled in my DLL.exe file. Once I removed the entry from DLL.exe, the problem was solved.

EDIT: Traffictoolbox is no longer located in the SDK since it is now included in the core application, it can be accessed through the Tools->Development menu inside of Prepar3D.

Edited by hschuit
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Daube said:

You're probably the only one in here who is not concerned about some LM staff being busy fixing v5 instead of developing v6 at this point.

Also, having 5.4 released now could mean there won't be anything about v6 in the flightsim expo, contrary to everybody's expectation.

How do you know that they are not working on V6? I understand the disappointment, but unless we can find an insider with knowledge we'll just have to settle for incremental improvements.

Bill W.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

the P3D brotherhood

LOL. I like that terminology.

  • Upvote 1

Vic green

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, marlon445 said:

I expected LM to sit down and start to learn how to implement DX12 properly so that there would be a fix for the horrendous crashes and the absurd VRAM usage.

Honestly for a V5.4 that is what I expected, better VRAM handling, improved TruSky implimentation and more DX12 features. Most of the client fixes are related to the built in GPS which in a way I understand, they're making it modern like we see in Xplane and MSFS. That's good, but until we can update the AIRAC with Navigraph (Or do monthly AIRAC updates themselves like Microsoft does) it doesn't do much for me. Maybe that's a feature for V6 and this is just the groundwork but after holding off on installing Prepar3d after my last Windows reinstall, the changelog is a bit underwhelming. One and a half years for default GPS fixes. LM needs to have something good to show in June, if they come with the short canned speak of past flightsim expos, I don't know. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Daube said:

You're probably the only one in here who is not concerned about some LM staff being busy fixing v5 instead of developing v6 at this point.

Also, having 5.4 released now could mean there won't be anything about v6 in the flightsim expo, contrary to everybody's expectation.

I imagine they have sufficient resources to handle both v5 final fixes and v6.

  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Not a single incentive in changelog, so i stay with 5.3.

That is a beauty of P3D - u are not forced to update things...

  • Like 4

Artur 

Share this post


Link to post

For those of you planning to update but not yet done so this from the product page at LM…

The Prepar3D v5.4 update includes a large number of performance, stability, and usability improvements across the entire platform. General application performance has been improved through better background thread performance.

LM are not brilliant at selling themselves. If you have a test scenario try it before the update and then after it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see further improvements in fps.

Check too if the [Job Scheduler] section of your Prepar3D.cfg has any new entries.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

I am whelmed

  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For those of you planning to update but not yet done so this from the product page at LM…

The Prepar3D v5.4 update includes a large number of performance, stability, and usability improvements across the entire platform. General application performance has been improved through better background thread performance.

LM are not brilliant at selling themselves. If you have a test scenario try it before the update and then after it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see further improvements in fps.

Check too if the [Job Scheduler] section of your Prepar3D.cfg has any new entries.

I will wait a couple of weeks for add ons to be updated, but when we change to the new client, I wonder whether to use an affinity mask other than the default one LM put there or not?

I suppose try theirs, and try a bespoke one and see what performs better.


Calum Watt

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, WestEnd said:

I will wait a couple of weeks for add ons to be updated, but when we change to the new client, I wonder whether to use an affinity mask other than the default one LM put there or not?

I suppose try theirs, and try a bespoke one and see what performs better.

See if there’s anything in a readme about possible config changes. Rename your existing config file after updating and see if any new entries are present.

What’s your CPU? Hyperthreading on or off?


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...