Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

The famous Channel Islands UFO!

Ray, the Aurigny pilot,  lived in Guernsey, not sure if he's still alive or not.

I'll be keeping an eye out on my walks. 😁

Interesting that Ray said how other pilots, after his encounter, told him in private of their mysterious encounters. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Upvote 1

They're just scientists from another world observing how awry their experiment went.

Noel

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Back then pilots were laughed at for reporting UFOs. Typical reaction from people that can't believe that someone may be far advanced of them.

Bill W

Edited by BillW

42 minutes ago, BillW said:

Back then pilots were laughed at for reporting UFOs. Typical reaction from people that can't believe that someone may be far advanced of them.

Bill W

Oh please.....

Ray Bowyer mentions that David Clarke is "in charge of a team that's looking into this at the moment". Since the interview was in 2007, you would think they must have reached some conclusion by now. The other pilot, with Blue Islands, seems to be keeping a low profile.

Dugald Walker

18 hours ago, birdguy said:

They're just scientists from another world observing how awry their experiment went.

Noel

😁 You never know Noel. I will assign that a non-zero probability.

17 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Atmospheric anomaly

I guess it actually could have been. Although there were two of them and claims of radar contact. In addition, Bowyer said in the TV interview that the center of the object was grey with flashing lights at each end. He observed through binoculars. 

17 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Since the interview was in 2007, you would think they must have reached some conclusion by now.

From Wiki...

According to Bowyer's account, he had radioed an air traffic controller between the two sightings, and was informed by the controller that another pilot, flying to nearby Jersey from the Isle of Man, had seen a similar phenomenon.[2]

The British academic and folklorist David Clarke published a partial transcript of the recorded conversation between Bowyer and Paul Kelly, who had been the duty air traffic controller on the island of Jersey,[7] in 2013. In the transcript, Kelly responds in the negative when Bowyer asks if he can pick up any radar contacts ahead of Bowyer's aircraft, only finding what he calls "a very faint primary contact", which he considered to be meteorological in origin. Kelly subsequently received a report from Patrick Patterson, a pilot from the Channel Islands airline Blue Islands, who told him that he could see a similar phenomenon to that reported by Bowyer, in the same approximate position.[9] When interviewed by The Register, a British online newspaper, in 2007, Kelly said that Patterson had had been passing the island of Sark when he reported "an object behind him to his left". Kelly reported that "the description was very similar to Captain Bowyer's" and that the pilot had given its altitude as 1,950 feet (590 m), approximately the same as Bowyer had.[5] Clarke, meanwhile, reported that Patterson had told him that he had probably seen an atmospheric phenomenon.[9]

Approximately three weeks after the reported sighting, the British Ministry of Defence released information connected with the report, including a statement from a second pilot.[7]

According to The Times, Bowyer's report is "regarded as one of the most impressive and perplexing testimonies to have found its way into MoD archives".[2] In 2008, the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph reported on the incident in connection with what it called a "huge rise" in reported UFO sightings in the United Kingdom.[3

]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Alderney_UFO_sighting

Edited by martin-w

Shortly after doppler radar was installed at old Stapleton Airport in Denver they were reporting unknown phenomena east of Denver about late morning to early afternoon.  The echos showed up on the radar but nothing was visible to the eye.

It was discovered that the warming of the ground in the summer was causing insects to rise with the warm air and while they were not visible as a swarm they were detected on doppler radar.

Insect swarms are commonly detected by radar in various parts of the country.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

The most likely explanation is that it was a superior mirage. I've seen these myself and a long cylindrical shape with pointed ends fits the bill perfectly. It was probably only visible from the altitude of the aircraft. Had the pilot descended it probably would have gotten narrower and shorter until it disappeared. My guess it was a superior mirage caused by a tanker or container ship. I've even seen these myself and can see how such a mirage could correspond with exactly what the witnesses saw. Occam's razor.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:20 AM, birdguy said:

Noel

That's pretty close to my theory as well, we are the introduced species by those scientists from another galaxy and at this point we have become earths Evasive Species 🤣

First thing we did was kill off those Neanderthals no way were we going to live in harmony with them 🤔

Matthew Kane

16 hours ago, FBW737 said:

The most likely explanation is that it was a superior mirage. I've seen these myself and a long cylindrical shape with pointed ends fits the bill perfectly. It was probably only visible from the altitude of the aircraft. Had the pilot descended it probably would have gotten narrower and shorter until it disappeared. My guess it was a superior mirage caused by a tanker or container ship. I've even seen these myself and can see how such a mirage could correspond with exactly what the witnesses saw. Occam's razor.

That's really interesting.

A superior mirage doesn't appear at such a high altitude though does it? It was at 2000 feet. I understood that a superior mirage appears just above the ocean. And of course, there were two of them. 

The other point is that Bowyer looked at it through binoculars and could see a grey section in the middle with flashing lights either side.

Then we have the radar contact of course that may or may not have been one of the objects. 

The most probable explanation is some kind of atmospheric anomaly but I'm not yet convinced it was a superior mirage. 

3 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

That's pretty close to my theory as well, we are the introduced species by those scientists from another galaxy and at this point we have become earths Evasive Species 🤣

First thing we did was kill off those Neanderthals no way were we going to live in harmony with them 🤔

We bred with Neanderthal's we didn't kill them off. We all have varying amounts of Neanderthal DNA. 😁

I don't buy the "alien's introduced us" notion. The evidence doesn't support it. 

Now panspermia is an interesting concept worth thinking about. 

33 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I don't buy the "alien's introduced us" notion. The evidence doesn't support it. 

I just think it makes the better satire 🤣

Matthew Kane

6 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

I just think it makes the better satire 🤣

Indeed. 😀

On my walk today, I looked across at the sparkling turquoise ocean, and then up to an expansive blue Sky. Nothing!  Alderney was visible, poking out of the mist, above which Bowyer had spied the alien mothership. Zilch! ☹️ Not a single alien, anti-gravity probe.

Disappointed, I concluding that our alien progenitors, on their once per century data gathering mission, had engaged their cloaking device and settled down to watch the latest Kardashians episode, which would finally reveal if Kim's gluteus maximus was equipped with a pair of silicone implants or not. 

In fear of the weather forecasts VH UV warning, I made my way home, safe in the knowledges that our godlike alien creators were watching over us with our best interests in mind.

Please note:  The image below is for illustrative purposes only and is not a real alien mothership. 

Playground AI

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 2