Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Parallel 42 Stripr

It sounds like a neat idea; but I predict that at some point in the near future, this utility is going to cause all kinds of problems with getting the sim to function.  Just one change from Asobo and I can see things going awry very quickly.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, MadDog said:

It sounds like a neat idea; but I predict that at some point in the near future, this utility is going to cause all kinds of problems with getting the sim to function.  Just one change from Asobo and I can see things going awry very quickly.

The devs say a sim update will just replace the loading screen to default again and that you just have to install this again from the configurator.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

55 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Nice, it loads so fast with that SSD. Looks like I need a new PC.

So when using a SImbrief flightplan it doesn't show images of other world airports, correct? I didn't try it with a SImbrief plan yet.

With SimBrief it shows your FP, the airport and Gate (Loading screen)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

45 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

It is not actually moving the installation. Just tell the xbox app to use U:\MSFS (or what you called it) and in about 10 seconds it will work. Would be a pity to have paid for it and not give it a try. 

I tried it exactly as described, xbox-app moved 1,5 GB to another folder. The tool still states "MS Store Not Found". It is not possible to let xbox-App move the files now to another location because "Advanced management features" can't be enabled anymore. Well, MSFS is still starting and running, so I keep waiting for some news on this. 

Do people really have anxiety while the game is loading?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

4 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Do people really have anxiety while the game is loading?

Histrionics

8 hours ago, Alvega said:

I'm tempted.

I'm not. Not even close, I've been wondering all day what the fuzz is all about... I am soooooooooo not interested in spending money on a tool like this. Just as I am not interested in anything P42 comes up with, I have to add. They must be targeting a very special crowd. Glad I'm not special. 😉

Thought it was some kind of opening screens with Striptease 😕  Bummer 😞

• Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Skip Undesirable Popups: Allows you to suppress network disconnect popups & more.

IMO this makes it worth it to me. I wonder if it gets rid of the "bandwidth too low, you've been switched to offline mode."

• Like 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Skipping updates, huh? I wonder if this will get Asobo upset.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

It's on sale, so I bought it.

So far, I have to say, I'm.....underwhelmed. 

Installation didn't go smoothly, had to relaunch MSFS several times before it detected my installation. 

No change in loading times. 

Asobo loading screens are now replaced with low rez bird's eye views of airports. 

Clunky zoom effect (probably dependent on hardware)

Ugly Parallel42 logo displayed prominently on bottom right.

Upon loading a flight, and after adding your simbrief ID it displays the ICAO codes of your departure and arrival airports --> the point being?

During loading of a flight it shows your airport position and parking/gate position --> the point being?

Overall, this app has an unfinished, rushed feel to it. 

Not sure yet what the value is. Please enlighten me if I've missed a feature. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog said:

I was just about to say the same. I'd stay away from this for a while

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

51 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Not sure yet what the value is. Please enlighten me if I've missed a feature. 

I don't think you missed a feature. It was all explained on the Stripr site so... not really sure what else you expected? 😉 You got what was advertised. 😉

I bought it but am too stupid to install it.
I use the MS Store version. This is not found.
Then I start the XBOX app as described and click on Manage. Then I should select a drive to move the unencrypted game files to. If I select that, it requires 157 GB of storage space.
I have no idea what I'm doing there. I don't want to destroy MSFS.

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

26 minutes ago, tup61 said:

😉 You got what was advertised. 😉

Well, no, not really: there's advertisement, and then there is what I got, which is a little different: but that's the nature of advertisement. 

Did you buy it?

Edited by Ricardo41