Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Parallel 42 Stripr

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Hi Keven,

Just got an email saying there is an update for Stripr. Where can I find the changelog? Can't see it in the site and no Stripr channel on Discord either.

Thanks.

We're looking for a way to automate our entire changelog system so it feels a bit sparse right now.

We've added a channel on Discord just now and you can see the latest updates in our Release Dashboard.

• Like 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just now, Keven Menard said:

We're looking for a way to automate our entire changelog system so it feels a bit sparse right now.

We've added a channel on Discord just now and you can see the latest updates in our Release Dashboard.

Yep, just saw it. Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Don't know what to make of //42 any more. Whereas in P3D their ChasePlane add-on and Immersion (aircraft effects) packages were must-buys, it now seems like they're making products and trying to create a market for them afterwards.

In case anyone was tempted to buy Stripr primarily for the bonus feature of 'Skip MSFS Intros: Allows you to skip annoying intro branding trailers (asobo/blackshark/etc).' Just to let you know that you can easily do this already by using the Windows '-fastlaunch' instruction as described here:

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm sorry, maybe this will be an unpopular opinion, but this seems like a ridiculous cash grab. "Loading screen anxiety"? Really? I mean, if they were offering this for 3 bucks, thats one thing, but for the current price, it boggles my mind why anyone fork over that amount of money for literal loading screens. I guess some people truly are laughing themselves to the bank with MSFS. This is wild.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I'm sorry, maybe this will be an unpopular opinion, but this seems like a ridiculous cash grab. "Loading screen anxiety"? Really? I mean, if they were offering this for 3 bucks, thats one thing, but for the current price, it boggles my mind why anyone fork over that amount of money for literal loading screens. I guess some people truly are laughing themselves to the bank with MSFS. This is wild.

What is wild is your comment. You didn't even buy it and think it's a cash grab when people who bought (like me) like it? I think it's some of the best money I spent in MSFS lately. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

"Reduce Loading Screen Anxiety: Say goodbye to the frustration of wondering if Microsoft Flight Simulator has locked up during loading. "

"Loading Screen Anxiety" is something I'm not familiar with. I'm getting a pretty good laugh at that one.

Your system must be rock solid then. I have loading screen anxiety.....sometimes i can't tell if the sim is loading or has hung up. It's only happened lately since I've left the beta....extremely annoying, especially since loading into a flight can take up to 10 minutes...3 times in a row is already an half hour wasted.

• Upvote 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

It's no snake oil, and no panacea either. Just a little tool, maybe a little bit expensive for what it does, but the counter alone makes it useful for me. 

Hans

5 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

It's no snake oil, and no panacea either. Just a little tool, maybe a little bit expensive for what it does, but the counter alone makes it useful for me. 

And as someone who loves satellite imagery, the airport images alone (from all over the world) we see while waiting to load makes it worth the money for me. It's 12 dollars for something you're gonna use every time you fly, for Christ's sake,  sometimes we pay much more than that for a plane or scenery and use it once or twice.

• Like 1

Alvega

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Could you confirm that this removes the id**tic "bandwidth too low, click OK" pop-up? That would be a really big thing for me.

• Upvote 1

Ok, obviously I'm alone on this one and fair enough. I would never tell anyone how to spend their money but I am entitled to my opinion. Yes, I do think this is a cash grab for that amount of money and you guys know that in the event of a long loading time, you don't have to sit there and stare at the screen while it loads, right? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

you don't have to sit there and stare at the screen while it loads, right? 

That's what I used to do before (go to the window, check the smartphone, etc) because it seemed to take an eternity to load, now it seems to load too fast because I'm having pleasure sitting there watching the images.

Alvega

Just a strong word of caution:

There's no way that I'm aware of for this addon to prevent the updating of the executable (i.e. Windows Store or Steam) portion of the update. Therefore, if you skip the package updates once inside the sim, you'll be left with a bunch of packages expecting a different version of the sim executable code. I cannot strongly enough recommend against running your sim in that way.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

@F737MAX and @Bdub22 Kinda agree with your sentiment. I run the sim the way it is meant to be. Was just about to comment on people having problems loading the sim and a post appears from @MattNischan along the same lines. I personally think the opening splash scenes are great (that change with each update) with the minute or so of load up time. To each his/her own!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

10 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

There's no way that I'm aware of for this addon to prevent the updating of the executable (i.e. Windows Store or Steam) portion of the update. Therefore, if you skip the package updates once inside the sim, you'll be left with a bunch of packages expecting a different version of the sim executable code. I cannot strongly enough recommend against running your sim in that way.

Thanks for the heads up, Matt. I unchecked the option to skip the updates screen because I always want to have the sim updated.

Alvega

40 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

This option is now disabled by default. This is only really useful for devs or creators with low bandwidth that need access to the sim at a very specific time and cannot wait for the large download to finish. Things can go wrong at some point but the fix is always a simple relaunch away.

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42