Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Parallel 42 Stripr

Parallel 42 Stripr

Does this work seamlessly with AddonLinker?

I have the Store version of MSFS 2020.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

Could you confirm that this removes the id**tic "bandwidth too low, click OK" pop-up? That would be a really big thing for me.

40 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

This option is now disabled by default. This is only really useful for devs or creators with low bandwidth that need access to the sim at a very specific time and cannot wait for the large download to finish. Things can go wrong at some point but the fix is always a simple relaunch away.

Cool. Could you please confirm @qqwertzde’s question? Thanks

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Just now, baxterbj said:

Does this work seamlessly with AddonLinker?

No, it installs directly in the sim's core files.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It replaces it with a passive notification, yes.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

No, it installs directly in the sim's core files.

Parallel 42 Stripr

I currently have my simulator setup with individual countries, to speed up loading times and only fly in the specific country i have loaded through AddonLinker.

So, if I have set up AddonLinker to load only Australia, will this program override this and load the whole world, of which I have over a thousand addon Liveries, airports, utilities etc?

Kind Regards 

Brian

BJ from Oz

Just now, baxterbj said:

So, if I have set up AddonLinker to load only Australia, will this program override this and load the whole world, of which I have over a thousand addon Liveries, airports, utilities etc?

No, it installs directly in the sim's core files and doesn't touch your Community folder.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

16 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

No, it installs directly in the sim's core files and doesn't touch your Community folder.

Thanks Keven,

I'm the older generation of simmers, so I just need to be completely clear as I'm not really understanding.

You state it only installs the core files and doesn't touch the Community folder, how then do I load just the specific area I want to fly in with the Liveries and aircraft I have set for that area.

Sorry to be pain, and not fully understand, but just want to be sure this is suitable for me and my setup, before I purchase.

Kind Regards 

Brian 

BJ from Oz

15 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

Thanks Keven,

I'm the older generation of simmers, so I just need to be completely clear as I'm not really understanding.

You state it only installs the core files and doesn't touch the Community folder, how then do I load just the specific area I want to fly in with the Liveries and aircraft I have set for that area.

Sorry to be pain, and not fully understand, but just want to be sure this is suitable for me and my setup, before I purchase.

Kind Regards 

Brian 

BJ from Oz

Hi Brian,

This program doesn't interfere with Addons Linker or what you load in the sim with it. It just replaces the sim loading screen. I also use Addons Linker like you do, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

10 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Do people really have anxiety while the game is loading?

Mel Brooks satirizes Hitchcock's Vertigo:

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just now, Alvega said:

Hi Brian,

This program doesn't interfere with Addons Linker or what you load in the sim with it. It just replaces the sim loading screen. I also use Addons Linker like you do, you'll be fine.

Thanks, Alvega,

Appreciate your advice.

Regards Brian

BJ rom Oz

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it a cash grab, but, as I said earlier, the program just seems unfinished and rushed. It's certainly nice to be able to replace the 300 new airports!!! 50000 points of interests! Landing challenges!!!!! screens with serene satelite images, b
other than that, I don't know. It displays your simbrief departure and arrival airport, but it would be nice, for example, to have the complete route displayed with additional info, like time of arrival, cruising altitude, etc. or an overlay of the plane moving along the route. 

I'd say it's a solid first effort, but I expected a little more from Parallel42.

Sethos in message #2:

" The bonus features might be interesting to some;

• Skip MSFS Intros: Allows you to skip annoying intro branding trailers (asobo/blackshark/etc).
  • Skip Undesirable Popups: Allows you to suppress network disconnect popups & more.
  • Skip Sim Updates Screen: Allows you to bypass a sim update by hitting [CONTINUE]. Nothing is worse than being prompted to download a massive update when you just wanted to enjoy a quick flight! "

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Replacing and customizing the loading screens is a good and useful idea, but the price for what is essentially a higher-level little mod is much too high.

Well don't complain when CTD occur in the future 😉

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Looks nice. I could buy it for 5 bucks. But since I really don't need this, I refuse to pay 15 bucks. During my "loading screen anxiety" I can always do something else than stare my screen.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440