Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Samsung Odyssey Ark 55" Monitor

Just wondering if anyone has sepnt their hard earned dosh on this latest Samsung release, and if so, what your thoughts are?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

6 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Just wondering if anyone has sepnt their hard earned dosh on this latest Samsung release, and if so, what your thoughts are?

Not looked into this one but just about to pull the trigger on a LG C2 55' OLED

8 hours ago, ErichB said:

Not looked into this one but just about to pull the trigger on a LG C2 55' OLED

Looks nice. My thoughts FWIW, is that the bigger the screen, the more of an acute angle you're viewing the outer edges of the screen, and it's even more pronounced the closer you are. That's why IMO I think a curved screen is favourable. Just my thoughts. :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have considered this, but I've used a 55' 4k flat screen since 2013 and I don't find that it is at all distracting.  But I have not tried FS on a 55' curved screen , so have nothing to compare it to.  Let me know how you get on with yours.  Looks great also

it has come down in price appreciably in the last couple of months - at least in Oz - from $4500 to $3150 - methinks that a new version maybe on the way to address the fact that although it has 4 HDMI inputs you can't put two or more of them on the screen together

considering buying it at that price - my Oddessy 49" was roughly that price when I bought it - just love the 49" but I would like the screen to be bigger vertically

the other question I would ask if anybody has one running are they using tobii eye tracker? they said you couldn't use one on the 49" one - but it works fine for me.

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor