Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Pilot's Global Mesh versus ORBX

Feel the itch to buy Global mesh from Pilot's and wondering if there will be no collisions with ORBX Global and/or regions already installed?

Artur 

Depending on what version you get it was obrx endorsed, the later versions weren't tested by orbx before they were released so they removed their endorsement. There was a post on their forum long ago about it

Saying that the ultimate range works with the regions and global, I havent seen any problems in the past several yrs using the FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX package

Many moons ago running  mesh at the 1m setting drew lots of memory and wasnt noticeable however with the ultimate range, the memory isn't a problem and there is quite noticeable scenery elevations and minor mountains and ridges which i never saw with other payware meshes at that setting.

Do it.

Edited by jeansy
  • Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

12 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Feel the itch to buy Global mesh from Pilot's and wondering if there will be no collisions with ORBX Global and/or regions already installed?

I suggest you do not buy. I took it and it has elevation problems with ORBX products. 

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

ondering if there will be no collisions with ORBX Global

Wonder no more.

Orbx Global products use P3D's default mesh, so any mesh product you add will give a massive improvement.

No showstopping terrain imagery conflicts with any Orbx Region (that I can recall). P3D selects the highest resolution mesh in the LOD around your aircraft anyway, so no mesh conflicts either.

With FSGUNG FTX, I selected 5m resolution in P3D. Not much visual benefit in the few areas of the World that have 1m resolution data and more likely to use up system resources cause CTDs with Terrain.dll errors.

I recently did a comparison of the foothills of The Rockies, just West of Denver in P3D (with FSGUNG at 5m) and again with the default MSFS terrain mesh. There was much more intricacy in the relief in P3D. It is worth buying, IMHO.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I’ve been a long time user of FS Global from Pilots. Here’s some comparison shots taken by Stefan Schaefer, owner of Pilots.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547654-interested-in-the-difference-3rd-party-mesh-makes-to-p3d/?do=findComment&comment=3950220

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather