Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flying_carpet

X-Plane 12: impressive ...

Recommended Posts

... loading time: incl. full blown scenery (i.e. with orthos).

 

  • Like 2

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

video after 57seconds not that impressive😆it looked like xplane mobile graphics👍

Edited by Beerz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Eh, not sure that is something I'd put down as a selling point. The load from menu to sim was also rather long.

Plus, that ortho is awful.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this was meant to show how great XP12 is then sorry but you failed.
I believe the default scenery would be a lot more impressive than those blown out ortho textures.

I'm not going to comment on the stuttery animation as you move the camera up since that could be caused by the recording software



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerz said:

video after 57seconds not that impressive😆it looked like xplane mobile graphics👍

Gotcha! 😛 I expected such responses. But ... you have to read carefully what I (intentionally) wrote, namely "Pure" loading time. You have to subtract the duration of splash screens (the one for the update and the one for setting up the flight). Apart from that, what else did I write? "Update? -> Ignore"

 

24 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Eh, not sure that is something I'd put down as a selling point. The load from menu to sim was also rather long.

How many seconds (or minutes) would you define as "long"? I wouldn't wait minutes for loading into sim. Apart from that - you can skip updates, without the need to buy addons for skipping updates.


Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You catch monkeys with bananas

and

this movie is a banana

the dumbest monkeys jump on it all time

Its increddible

  • Like 1

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

How many seconds (or minutes) would you define as "long"? I wouldn't wait minutes for loading into sim. Apart from that - you can skip updates, without the need to buy addons for skipping updates.

Are you really trying to take jabs at the competition, with sickly looking ortho like that and a menu to sim loading screen that is almost 3 times as long?

  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Are you really trying to take jabs at the competition, with sickly looking ortho like that and a menu to sim loading screen that is almost 3 times as long?

I'm only highlighting the highlights 😉 of X-Plane (in this case: fast OVERALL loading time). You did the comparison to the competition, not me.


Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

I'm only highlighting the highlights 😉 of X-Plane (in this case: fast OVERALL loading time). You did the comparison to the competition, not me.

No, you did the second you mentioned a very recent addon released for said competition. Some of you locals to this sub sure like to play your little bait games 😉

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sethos said:

No, you did the second you mentioned a very recent addon released for said competition. Some of you locals to this sub sure like to play your little bait games 😉

Nope!

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

The load from menu to sim was also rather long.

Compared to what?


Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Compared to what

XP12 isnt loading anywhere near as fast as XP11 did in the same circumstance, there is still room for some optimisation there inho - which I'm sure will come.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's funny. The loading is finally over and you get confronted with horrible ortho, screen tearing, AA and stutters. It's comedy.

  • Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh dear surely leaving out the ortho scenery would have been better in this case, i love ortho's but the coverage isn't good everywhere which is probably why the other sim enhances them before streaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Compared to what?

Yes flying, compared to what? You made a post with 'impressive' loading times, that requires a comparison to something, unless you find an arbitrary time to load something in a vacuum 'impressive'? mSparks even proved it's slower at the moment compared to its predecessor, so what is your grounds for assessing the loading time if not comparing it to something?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UKflyer said:

oh dear surely leaving out the ortho scenery would have been better in this case, i love ortho's but the coverage isn't good everywhere which is probably why the other sim enhances them before streaming

To be fair, the other sim has some areas that also look awful too 🙂


Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...