Sign in to follow this  
Flatpicker

MSFS CRASHES WITH FLYSIMWARE 414

I have now installed Flysimware 414 twice into MSFS with resultant crashes. I already own and have used extensively TDS GTNXi  without any issues in other a/c.

Uninstalled MSFS now twice, re-installed, and no problems until I install your 414 --> crash. 

Any help appreciated, as this sim is useless to me. 

Greg

AGI, IGI

3 hours ago, Flatpicker said:

I have now installed Flysimware 414 twice into MSFS with resultant crashes. I already own and have used extensively TDS GTNXi  without any issues in other a/c.

Uninstalled MSFS now twice, re-installed, and no problems until I install your 414 --> crash. 

Any help appreciated, as this sim is useless to me. 

Greg

AGI, IGI

Sorry you are having this issue -- very frustrating I'm sure.  From where did you purchase the C414?

One possibility is your virus software is causing a problem with the C414 download.  If you are using the latest versions of the TDS GTN and C414, I can't think of anything else right now. There are literally 1000s of C414 users and I have not seen this problem reported, so at this point I think something is not right with your setup. Suggest you seek help on the FSW Discord at https://discord.gg/5UZnN3qd   Go to the community-pc channel.

Al

Edited by ark

Are you using a default livery?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I've got exactly the same issue but presumed it was me.  Default liveries and everything is fine other than with the TDS (latest version) when I can usually fly for 30 mins then it crashes.

I updated my Graphics driver as I thought that could be it and always update the 414 when get the email.  This doesn't happen with other aircraft with the TDS, but the 414 is my favourite aircraft so it would be shame to have to stop using the TDS unit.  Using VNAV has been a trigger in the past, but that could be a coincidence.

Cheers

"Are you using a default livery?"

I can't use ANYTHING as can't get MSFS to load after installing 414. Shut down, re-start --> MSFS will not load. Had to uninstall and re-install. Tried all over again after installing 414 -> MSFS won't load. Uninstall, re-install MSFS again, same problem. 

--> The issue seems to happen after screen shows TDS GTN information. I leave that alone, but won't progress past that and MSFS essentially quits. 

Now have re-installed MSFS, no problem with other a/c or TDS GTNXi in other a/c (Coronado PC12, etc).

I can only say that this is the ONLY add-on that I have ever had these types of issues with after 25 years with Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

4 hours ago, Flatpicker said:

"Are you using a default livery?"

I can't use ANYTHING as can't get MSFS to load after installing 414. Shut down, re-start --> MSFS will not load. Had to uninstall and re-install. Tried all over again after installing 414 -> MSFS won't load. Uninstall, re-install MSFS again, same problem. 

--> The issue seems to happen after screen shows TDS GTN information. I leave that alone, but won't progress past that and MSFS essentially quits. 

Now have re-installed MSFS, no problem with other a/c or TDS GTNXi in other a/c (Coronado PC12, etc).

I can only say that this is the ONLY add-on that I have ever had these types of issues with after 25 years with Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

What versions of the TDS GTN and C414 are you using, and from where did you purchase the C414?

If you haven't tried it, suggest you rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the C414 and TDS files in it, then restart the sim. If that works, then there is a conflict with something in your original Community folder. As I mentioned above, there are thousands of C414 users that don't have this problem, so we need to figure out why a couple of you do.

Al

Edited by ark

What versions of the TDS GTN and C414 are you using, and from where did you purchase the C414?

TDS GTNXi 1.0.2.5

C414 I believe 4.4, or whatever the latest is. Purchased from Flysimware website, all updates re-downloaded form my purchase there. 

Appreciate the help. I'll give it a try. 

Edited by Flatpicker

Have you checked your community folder for multiple C414 folders?  There were changes in earlier versions which changed the name of the 414 folder.  I recently checked for duplicate folders and found one for the 414.

2 hours ago, Flatpicker said:

TDS GTNXi 1.0.2.5

C414 I believe 4.4, or whatever the latest is. Purchased from Flysimware website, all updates re-downloaded form my purchase there. 

Appreciate the help. I'll give it a try. 

Try renaming the community folder with all your current mods and place our product in a new community folder with the normal name with no other addons and try again. This is most likely a conflict. Do you own the 787 mod? This is known to cause default to break our products because they did something you never do. And after a year they released a beta that fixes the issue. So basically mods are always the first thing to test.

Edited by Flysimware

8 hours ago, jfwharton said:

Have you checked your community folder for multiple C414 folders?  There were changes in earlier versions which changed the name of the 414 folder.  I recently checked for duplicate folders and found one for the 414.

That was it for me, thank you.  I had an 'a' from last year and 'aw' for the recent update.  Thanks very much for your help - off to test now.

Cheers

"Try renaming the community folder with all your current mods and place our product in a new community folder with the normal name with no other addons and try again. This is most likely a conflict. Do you own the 787 mod?"

1 - There is NOTHING in my community folder. 414 has been gone since the last crash, TDS GTNXi is somewhere else. 

2- Don't own 787 mod

I'll try putting 414 in the community folder and see what happens. 

thanks. 

Just to report back.  Two flights now since removing old version with no CTD.  Thanks again for your help!

OK --

Looked in community folder, nothing. So re-installed 414, during installation stated that older version had to be uninstalled (??). Did that, re-installed, and now working. Loading Page for TDS NXi comes up as it did previously, but only a flash, and proceeds to load MSFS. Before it got hung up on the TDS page and failed to progress. 

Appreciate all the feedback and responses, we'll see how it goes from here. 

Greg

• Upvote 1