Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Flight Terrain X (to work with FEX) Announcement!!

Guest fireflyfx

Looks great- but only Oz coming within the next year?

USA + Europe in 2008

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Looks really great. This'll keep a few of us up past midnight.They should have released a Canada & Alaska first. The west coast is the hot ticket region for funky flying.But I'll get Oz anyway. How can I resist? :-hah

Guest Xiderpunk

Hehe, I understand some may be frustrated at the wait before everything is covered. But we think the wait will be worth it, as with FEX we took many months to release but to get these kinds of results really does take that long.Also it won't seem that bad, with the first release in Australia there will be a chance to see early what is being achieved.FTX will do for ground textures what FEX does for the sky environment. :-)Warm regards,Chris Norris

>FTX will do for ground textures what FEX does for the sky>environment. :-)>>Warm regards,>>Chris NorrisChris,I found your particular commentary about Flight Environment X, on the FEX Website, some time back and thought your concept and philosophy for an environment add-on to be so well written about what the FEX team were doing that I waited rather than plunge in with existing addons at that time.FEX is sensational and I am very keen indeed to see Flight Terrain X come to life. Fantastic, inspirational work and so very much needed for the Flight Sim community!!!Paul

Guest ted320

Looks awesome, I do hope it will also enhance airport ground textures also.

Guest Mike707

This is extremely exciting news. Very much looking forward to it.

Guest UlfB

Chris,Will there be a Flight Terrain X Pro released some time after the initial release of FTX?Ulf B

Chris,I think you've just given me the reason to build a new PC for FSX :-)Ultimate Terrain transformed FS9 and it looks like Flight Terrain X will do the same for FSX.Do you have any plans for a Ground Environment equivalent for FSX?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,From what I am seeing, FTX is the new version of GE.FTX only does textures........Glenn

Guest JSPuonti

Well, I hope this co-operation will mean that the resulting ground texture products will no longer require "texture set switching" outside of FSX when moving from one part of the country / world to another.The only reason why I never installed Vista Oz, as great as it looked, was because it wasn't a "one installation for everything" package. I didn't like the idea that if I wanted to do a cross-country flight I'd have to save the flight part of the way, exit FS9 / FSX, install a different set of textures for a different part of the country, run FS9 / FSX again and resume my flight :/ This should make it possible to use these products online, too, where you *can't* exit the sim to switch textures.

Thanks Glen. But if FTX is only textures (with more detailed coastlines presumably) then how can it replace a product that concentrated on improved landclass which is what GE did.I'm confused. Won't the default landclass also need improving? If so then we'll need a FSX alternative for GE.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,GE did not provide landclass, nor did it enhance coastlines. For this you needed Ultimate Terrain. Ultimate Terrain provided coastline improvments and urban landclass. If you just wanted improved landclass you could use another product like FSG Landclass Project.GE only gave new textures as will FTX. Landclass products tell FS which textures to use where and when.If you want the landclass and improved coastlines you will still need the Ultimate Terrain series of products.Glenn