Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Flight Terrain X (to work with FEX) Announcement!!

Glenn,My mistake. GE provided replacement textures. I know it didn't give me enhanced coastlines.UT provided enhanced landclass as well as detailed coastlines for FS9. UTX is currently only available for the US. Hopefully a Europe version will be available by the time I build a new system.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest UlfB

Well, anybody could get confused.I'm running FSX, DX9, FEX, MTX, AFX, KML, ASX and PFE. I used FSC in FS9, but not in FSX. I'm now waiting for UTX (Europe) and FTX ;-)Ulf B

so...if this is done region by region. How many regions are there in the US?I see OZ has 4 region X $25 = $100 for GE enviroment pro type textures for Australia.For US = ?For Europe = ?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Ray,It's not hard to get confused! UTX Europe will hopefully be out by the end of the year if you check over at the forums. Not too long to wait fortunatley.Canada is next....anytime now.....maybe in time for our Thankgiving this weekend.

Manny,That is a very good question that I am concerned about as well.You would think the USA/Canada/Europe packages are going to need a LOT of regions.Bulk discounts the order of the day I would think!........Glenn

Glenn,Whilst appreciative of this excellent looking scenery package I am also concerned that it may be pricing itself out of the market with mention of pricing per region.UT Europe was around 35USD as was UT USA. Hopefully Europe will be a single region as will the US but if they aren't it may not be so attractive. There are limits to what I'm prepared to pay and I imagine I'm not alone.Anyway, I hope you get Canada for Thanksgiving :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest danny68

I don't think anyone need be concerned about anything IMO.I don't think anyone is planning to do the whole world for under a hundred bucks for FSX?I could be wrong though?

>Well, anybody could get confused.>>I'm running FSX, DX9, FEX, MTX, AFX, KML, ASX and PFE. I used>FSC in FS9, but not in FSX. I'm now waiting for UTX (Europe)>and FTX ;-)>>Ulf B >>It is getting a little confusing, although considering the impending outcome that is ok too. I read on the Voz Forums that Voz Pro (Australia) has now been replaced by FTX (Flight Terrain X). It was also commented on that FTX has nothing to do with GE (Ground Environment) for FSX, a forthcoming, separate product too. To further compound things, there is also a freeware product coming out now called, Voz Scenery X which is presumably like Voz was for FS9.There is another excellent description of what FTX is going to offer that includes things like 'on the fly' texture swapping, no need therefore to load different regions as you fly from one to the other and accurate region based landclass. Go over to the FTX website and read this page as it is very interesting reading:http://www.flightterrain.com/intro_john.htmlDifferent developers are building innovative products and now are finding that they can collaborate together and work to bring an ever better flight sim addon, hence the name changes etc.It all bodes well for we mere 'pilots' I guess.Paul

Paul,I think it is not as complicated. The GE referred to on the FTX website is Google Earth -- not Ground Environment (as far as I can tell). Voz Scenery X is a free addon that puts detailed airports, buildings, and other structures on the landscape to compliment the ground textures and autogen of FTX. So, they all should work together rather well (especially given they are from the same team). Of course if I've got my info all messed up, please feel free to politely correct. I'm somewhat glassy eyed from taking care of sick kids today.Take care,Joshua

Joshua,No mate, nothing to correct at all on your part. I knew they were talking about Google Earth over on the Flight Terrain Website. The thing is, I guess I can understand why some folks may be a little confused about what is going on now, particularly with Voz (Australia). We originally had Voz for FS9 (Freeware), then Voz Pro was announced, a future payware product for FSX. There was also Voz for FSX (freeware), which has now been renamed to 'Voz Scenery X'. Voz Pro has now been replaced by FTX and GE for FSX (Ground Environment I mean here) is still a product in the works and being developed by Peter Wilding, who is also part of the FEX, FTX team.I just posted on the Voz forum, suggesting only, that maybe the applicable developers/team could clear things up, by stating what has been renamed, made defunct, happening in the future, all in one statement. GE (Ground Environment for FSX) is due for release before 2008, I believe, with the USA and Canada coming out first but I am wondering how FTX may have now affected that product too?Paul

Guest koorby

Sorry if it appears a bit complex :)Let me clarify:1. VOZ PRO is no more. It has been renamed Flight Terrain X (FTX) because we are doing more than just Australia2. FTX is not just ground textures. It includes completely custom landclass for each region pack, solving all the issues that plagues the default. It also will come with a freeware airport per region.3. Yes, there will be substantial discounts for purchasing more than one pack - we will naturally incent people to complete their sets for a country or continent4. The VOZ Team will be releasing a freeware airport addon for FSX, which will be designed for FTX.5. There is no switcher needed for FTX. You can fly across regions and you never need to exit the sim, it's all seamless.A lot of this information is explained on the FTX website, and apologies if there is some confusion.

Hi there,interesting news indeed.In short, Peter (of GE for FS9) and the FlightTerrain X team will now be direct competitors to Anthony's Ground Environment X. Then again, FSX still needs alot of help to "take off" so the more the merrier... ;-)Cheers, Holger

Guest JSPuonti

>3. Yes, there will be substantial discounts for purchasing>more than one pack - we will naturally incent people to>complete their sets for a country or continentI'm not sure if even the developers know this yet, but I have to ask:The point of releasing countries (I'm guessing this refers to huge countries like US, Canada, Russia, etc) or continents (Europe) split into "regional packs" is to get the price down. At the same time, as you said, you're going to be selling bundles containing a number a regions for a discounted price.However, what's the release schedule like for these split-up regions? For example, will you be releasing ALL of those small parts that make up the whole of Europe at the same time? If not, offering bundles is not as attractive as it could be... because those who want to save money would have to wait until you've completed the whole of Europe and can offer that "Europe package" which contains all of the regions you split it into.Past experience has taught many not to trust "buy the whole package now, get the components later as we release them" -deals... :/

Guest koorby

The region packs will be released as fast as development will allow, and as I mention in my white paper on the FTX website, there's a substantial amount of work involved in creating 1m/pixel textures versus FS9 - we're dealing with 16x the data.Having said that, we won't take money from people for unreleased packs, and the same proportional discount will apply to any additional packs you purchase after your initial purchase - i.e. you won't be penalised for purchasing packs as we release versus buying a country bundle. The end price will be the same.

Guest koorby

OK we've added a Q&A section to the FTX site to clear up any potential confusion. I've talked to Anthony Vos just now and he's very happy with the explanation.