Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Flight Terrain X (to work with FEX) Announcement!!

Guest Speed

Looks stunning.Are any of those roads real roads (ie. moving traffic)?

Guest koorby

>Looks stunning.>>Are any of those roads real roads (ie. moving traffic)?>>We have moving traffic for the whole of Australia, but it's a freeware addon which we will link users to when we release. We are not planning to do moving traffic for the US and EU because Allen Kriesman has that covered with UTX already :)The roads you see in those urban shots are part of the textures.

If that is the quality I'm not impressed at all actually this can be done far better ;-) That got me thinking :-lolCheers, Andr

André

Guest Speed

European sarcasm doesn't translate too well. :)

>European sarcasm doesn't translate too well. :)Never mind just saw the website lol looks nice... but maybe due to the screenshots have to see it in action to have a better view and this isn't Europe ;-)Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Nickio20

Asides from things getting VERY exciting- they also seem to be getting VERY Pricey. Although it looks great :)

Maybe if MS had seen sense in the first place and employed Koorby, Peter Wilding et al. to do the ground textures for the initial release of FSX then maybe all this could've been included on the original FSX DVDs :-hah

>Another thing you will find about FTX is that our textures are>much less brighter than the FSX default, which are sapped of>colour, overly yellow/brown and lack definition due to their>overbrightness.Please be careful with coloring. We had overly saturated unnatural ground textures before by other developers. Actually Microsoft's coloring is not that bad and its general tone and "brightness" is not far from pilots actually see from altitude.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest Nickio20

My question is- do they look as repetative and squared as the ones in FS9 at 37000FT?

Guest danny68

I notice you are always complaining Andre,You are never impressed.Paints all stuff in FS?you haven't impressed me Andre,I'm sure you can do better.

>My question is- do they look as repetative and squared as the>ones in FS9 at 37000FT?That would certainly be nice to get rid off, another one of those "holy grails" of flight simulation. At the moment the best altitude to fly seems to be around low 20-ties since scenery is sharp and you don't notice repeated patterns.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>I notice you are always complaining Andre,>>You are never impressed.>>Paints all stuff in FS?>>you haven't impressed me Andre,>>I'm sure you can do better.I will be polite and sent you a PM in the spirit of this topic ;-)Missing only your real name Dany68 to ;-) Have fun,Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Speed

Sorry Andre I thought you were joking and took your comments as badly translated sarcasm so I assumed you were European.I couldn't imagine how someone could look at those screenies and not be impressed.Were you also not impressed by Ground Environment on FS9?Maybe ground textures just isn't your thing.

>Sorry Andre I thought you were joking and took your comments>as badly translated sarcasm so I assumed you were European.>>I couldn't imagine how someone could look at those screenies>and not be impressed.>>Were you also not impressed by Ground Environment on FS9?>>Maybe ground textures just isn't your thing.Apology here Speed for the confusion here caused by me was looking at the screen shots in this topic and still not impressed by that one but after visit the website it looks very promising...Thats why I posted my second one to makeup for the first couldn't edit the first one to late to much time spent on the website :-lolBut to late the first personal attack was around the corner...Actually I think MS did a great job with the 1m stuff :-)Still flying around with GEPro as one of the first customers and FE :-)But I look with my graphics eye to other things maybe the future make it more clear?As for European your correct also the translation part lolAs always you have to see it in action in the sim so i realized to late that my comment wasn't fair at this point based on one picture... But I'm a bit reserved because I have already seen other ground stuff!Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Speed

I think what they are doing (using some imagination as they are not finished) is coming up a lot better than GE on FS9. So if one likes that then I'm sure one will also like FTX. I also think the regionalization of the textures will also make it a lot more realistic. Besides AI addons, GE was the biggest improvement to FS9 for me so I guess I'm already a a really excited user.