Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Need more GA departure / Arrivals

Today I spent just over an hour sitting at a café at a small UK airfield (Blackbushe EGLK).  The aircraft departure rate was about one aircraft every 5 to 10 mins.

How can I replicate this in MSFS, I have traffic set to AI Offline and AI Traffic Density to 100. Using the same airfield in MSFS I'm getting 4 GA aircraft parked with nothing taking off.

I also use FSLTL, and when setup to use this software I get nothing at EGLK, not one aeroplane.  EGLK is just an example, I get this problem at many GA airfields in the UK.

Glen

• Like 1

Glen

I think part of the problem with GA is that services like Flightradar24, used to source the aircraft data for FSLTL, use ADS-B to track aircraft. ADS-B is not mandatory for light aircraft flying VFR in the UK and many are not ADS-B equipped. With that in mind, if I look at EGLK at the moment on Flightradar24, I can see only 2 aircraft in the vicinity.

It is annoying but given the tracking data available Im not sure what the answer is.

Edited by Vel

It is annoying that Asobo / Microsoft can't come up with a solution to this problem.  To be fair FSLTL is a livery app and hopefully someday they will take a serious look at GA aircraft

Not being very technical I just assumed I was doing something wrong.

• Like 1

Glen

There are a few addons which aim to provide GA traffic. One of them is Offline GA traffic. As far as I know, all of them substitute files in the /Official folder, thus I never considered even trying them.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

44 minutes ago, pmb said:

There are a few addons which aim to provide GA traffic. One of them is Offline GA traffic. As far as I know, all of them substitute files in the /Official folder, thus I never considered even trying them.

Kind regards, Michael

^ This. I use this with AIG and FSLTL (one, or the other) and it places GA traffic with a low density. I usually have it at 10.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Think about what types of aircraft that you saw coming and going. To see anything reasonably similar, you would need to have those types of AI aircraft models in your sim and FSLTL only has a very small selection of light GA AI at the moment.  

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

For the AI to function effectively (without a lot of additional coding) you also need to know the intentions of the inserted traffic. IFR flights need a flight plan and that information is (usually) visible to FlightAware/FR24, giving the sim the ability to provide a plausible routing for the flight. But VFR traffic often has no such data, so the sim doesn't know what to do with it. Is the plane flying enroute somewhere, or is it in the circuit? AFAIK there's no way to work this out currently, so it could be that a combination of offline GA and online IFR is the best we can get until someone figures it out.

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Offline GA traffic does not change any official files, Michael. It is like  any other add-on sitting in the community folder but it uses Asobos GA a/c. I'm using it here and then. It does not add too many GA ai flights but at least I see some GA take offs and landing at smaller airports which are empty otherwise.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Offline GA traffic does not change any official files, Michael. It is like  any other add-on sitting in the community folder but it uses Asobos GA a/c. I'm using it here and then. It does not add too many GA ai flights but at least I see some GA take offs and landing at smaller airports which are empty otherwise.

Thanks, than I must have mixed it up with another tool. I usually use PSXT/RT/AIG, not sure if these would go together with Offline GA. There are GA planes, even UL, on airfields with PSXT, but not that I recall having seen one flying a pattern once. Maybe I didn't look carefully enough.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks, than I must have mixed it up with another tool. I usually use PSXT/RT/AIG, not sure if these would go together with Offline GA. There are GA planes, even UL, on airfields with PSXT, but not that I recall having seen one flying a pattern once. Maybe I didn't look carefully enough.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm using it with FSLTL sometimes. No conflicts so far.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I go to van Nuys airport (KVNY) every time of the day with PSXT+ AIG and I see tons of GA and bizjets of all models arriving and departing non stop.

I turn PSXT off and switch FSLTL and the airport is so quiet that you can hear a needle falling... I remember once having seen a Learjet arriving with FSLTL I don't remember where but that is all have ever seen of GA with FSLTL so far...

5 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

It is annoying that Asobo / Microsoft can't come up with a solution to this problem.

Here, think of it this way.

If I were to randomly pick out an airport on a map and give you a time, anywhere in the world, could you tell me how many GA aircraft should generally arrive and depart from said airport during that hour? If the answer is no, then perhaps this analogy illustrates the difficulty of the problem without any available data sources to go on that they could use.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Here, think of it this way.

If I were to randomly pick out an airport on a map and give you a time, anywhere in the world, could you tell me how many GA aircraft should generally arrive and depart from said airport during that hour? If the answer is no, then perhaps this analogy illustrates the difficulty of the problem without any available data sources to go on that they could use.

Valid point...for my taste  ASOBO should concentrate on the AI engine and leave the GA traffic problem/solution to 3th parties as it is currently...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adino said:

I go to van Nuys airport (KVNY) every time of the day with PSXT+ AIG and I see tons of GA and bizjets of all models arriving and departing non stop.

I turn PSXT off and switch FSLTL and the airport is so quiet that you can hear a needle falling... I remember once having seen a Learjet arriving with FSLTL I don't remember where but that is all have ever seen of GA with FSLTL so far...

Probably something with your FSLTL config. I see many GA flights with FSLTL and only have VFR set to 2 (IFR is 80).

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White