Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Need more GA departure / Arrivals

2 hours ago, adino said:

Valid point...for my taste  ASOBO should concentrate on the AI engine and leave the GA traffic problem/solution to 3th parties as it is currently...

If they link in game ATC up to chatGPT you might end up having some interesting conversations.

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

f I were to randomly pick out an airport on a map and give you a time, anywhere in the world, could you tell me how many GA aircraft should generally arrive and depart

I think many of us would be happy with a fictitious rendition of GA traffic. I don’t care if it’s ‘real’. FSX/P3D did it acceptably well so it’s not rocket science. All that’s really needed is decent variety of GA AI models. And maybe more airports capable of handling AI traffic. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Here, think of it this way.

If I were to randomly pick out an airport on a map and give you a time, anywhere in the world, could you tell me how many GA aircraft should generally arrive and depart from said airport during that hour? If the answer is no, then perhaps this analogy illustrates the difficulty of the problem without any available data sources to go on that they could use.

I don’t care if the AI GA traffic reflects or not the real life one seen on day D at time T. What I care is to have a few GA aircraft around when I leave from or arrive to a GA airfield.

Not for eye candy (nothing wrong about it ) but to have other aircraft to mind. Having a couple of birds to follow in a pattern would be great for instance.

So a bubble of GA traffic could be systematically generated randomly when the player aircraft is around.

Now, is it up to Asobo and team to program it or does it belong to the 3rd party dev domain is another matter. But it is sorely lacking by those who don’t do liners and never go to big hubs. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 8

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have try all those GA add-ons but no one works for me, I get a lot of GA that fly around the airports, but they never land or take off.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 hours ago, Vel said:

I think part of the problem with GA is that services like Flightradar24, used to source the aircraft data for FSLTL, use ADS-B to track aircraft. ADS-B is not mandatory for light aircraft flying VFR in the UK and many are not ADS-B equipped. With that in mind, if I look at EGLK at the moment on Flightradar24, I can see only 2 aircraft in the vicinity.

It is annoying but given the tracking data available Im not sure what the answer is.

In the FSX days there was a tool to create GA traffic. You could choose which aircraft / liveries to use and it could created several categories of GA flights, from trainers that stayed in the pattern doing touch and go's to vfr and ifr flights to realistic airports, so most GA would go to the smaller airports and avoid the major hubs.

It just created a BGL file and off course you needed to have loads of liveries. I think the same procedure could work for MSFS too.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I find it bizarre to think a dev has not released a GA AI package. I mean, it doesn't make sense. Orbx has, or had, when I was flying FSX/P3d, a freeware addon that injected GA , but it was only for use in Oceania from what I remember, oh, I think also north America, otherwise, there was/is nothing else.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Orbx has, or had, when I was flying FSX/P3d, a freeware addon that injected GA , but it was only for use in Oceania from what I remember, oh, I think also north America, otherwise, there was/is nothing else.

Graham Eccleston's ORBX traffic for Aus/NZ was brilliant, even had military flights!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bones62 said:

Graham Eccleston's ORBX traffic for Aus/NZ was brilliant, even had military flights!

Yeah, I know. It worked flawlessly, at least for me.

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

...Perhaps I am the only one that does care to have at least some "real-time online-traffic" based GA mixed with "generated" ones to fill the GA based airports...Why should I want tubeliners to reflect real-time traffic and GA not? especially if you consider commuter and business jet flights as GA as well...

Is one more important than the other?

27 minutes ago, adino said:

...Perhaps I am the only one that does care to have at least some "real-time online-traffic" based GA mixed with "generated" ones to fill the GA based airports...Why should I want tubeliners to reflect real-time traffic and GA not? especially if you consider commuter and business jet flights as GA as well...

Is one more important than the other?

Because this is not a world civil aviation simulator 😉 but a flight simulator. The purpose of traffic is to create some additional constraints for the simmer.  Scanning the sky or the tarmac around should have a meaning and induce flying with more prudence.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Because this is not a world civil aviation simulator 😉 but a flight simulator. The purpose of traffic is to create some additional constraints for the simmer.  Scanning the sky or the tarmac around should have a meaning and induce flying with more prudence.

That is your "purpose of traffic"...in mine "purpose of traffic" I would add also immersion as an additional factor and most probably others will have their own "purpose of traffic".....you get the point right?

Like many simmers addict to have small planes on small fields, I combine the default Live or AIGFSLTL/Justflight injected commercial trafics with a offline generated AI General Aviation : 

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

2 hours ago, adino said:

That is your "purpose of traffic"...in mine "purpose of traffic" I would add also immersion as an additional factor and most probably others will have their own "purpose of traffic".....you get the point right?

Should I remind you that you are the one who asked a question and I just gave you my answer. But  I sympathise with the fact that you don't like it. You get the point, right ?

Dominique

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Should I remind you that you are the one who asked a question and I just gave you my answer. But  I sympathise with the fact that you don't like it. You get the point, right ?

Yes you are right! and I got your point...Real-time based GA traffic is NOT important because what we have is a " flight-sim", right? and because it is a flight sim what really matters is to have some random GA traffic so we can practice awareness during flight operation, great fantastic! So the same should count for Airliners as well, right? we can have random airliners traffic generated  as well no real-time based traffic or scheduled flight or any of those fancy features same treatment....

This is the reason why I did that comment before because every time again somebody raised the point that GA is somehow mistreated in the sim, I see most of the folks comment on the forum reflects as if GA is less important than Airliners traffic and because of that GA based traffic can be generic or unrealistic and the rest of the folks that find GA traffic important should live with whatever....

Don't get me wrong I agree with the comment somebody made that because of the nature of most GA traffic (VFR) it is much more difficult to implement, however just for example PSXT is doing it and it works quiet well, so it is doable. proper models is another challenge but AIG have a very good GA model library to fill the gap, so Im pretty sure some developer that listen can make a real complete AI traffic tool that incorporate both GA and airliners not just one.