Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FSimStudios Calgary Released

Looks great, I’ll be doing some western flights for the next while!

https://store.fsimstudios.com/products/fsimstudios-calgary-international-airport-cyyc-for-msfs

On Facebook they say it’s coming shortly to other stores.

• Like 6

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Looks great, much better than their first scenery. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Looks great, I’ll be doing some western flights for the next while!

https://store.fsimstudios.com/products/fsimstudios-calgary-international-airport-cyyc-for-msfs

On Facebook they say it’s coming shortly to other stores.

Sweet. I waited to buy CYEG (Edmonton International) from the MSFS marketplace, because I like the work that the MSFS team is doing, and as Matt Nischan from Working Title said, if you like the work that Working Title is doing, please buy from the MSFS marketplace. But I waited like over a month, and then CYEG was discounted at Contrails, so I didn't wait any longer 🤣

I will give a wait for CYYC (Calgary) in the MSFS marketplace once again. Hope it doesn't take a month. I guess I will see.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I am not able to pick this up just yet but it would be great to hear some feedback from those who do.  FSS has been gradually improving their work so I am hoping this important airport is well done. It is certainly on my buy list.

Dan Scott

1 minute ago, Cognita said:

I am not able to pick this up just yet but it would be great to hear some feedback from those who do.  FSS has been gradually improving their work so I am hoping this important airport is well done. It is certainly on my buy list.

I own 3 of Flightsim Studio's airports: Vancouver International, Edmonton, and Kelowna.. They are all good.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Hooray!
This was being worked on for a looooooong time.

It's already available though Contrail.

The only concern is that they have written:

Terrain Level of Detail is recommended between 60-70 for improved performance

That's a lot lower than I run in MSFS. Hopefully, it's to cover lower-end PC users.

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm waiting for it to appear on the Orbx store but very interested to hear first impressions from those of you who have already picked up this scenery. Always thrilled when new Canadian content gets added to MSFS (or X-Plane for that matter).

5 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Hooray!
This was being worked on for a looooooong time.

It's already available though Contrail.

The only concern is that they have written:

That's a lot lower than I run in MSFS. Hopefully, it's to cover lower-end PC users.

60-70 ugh?  Are we in 1999?  I run 300.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I left it at 100 which is what I use for all airliner / large city flights and it performed well, 40-50fps on my system and quite a bit better than other large city airports.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I run 285 on a 4090 and YYC has amazing FPS, no problems whatsoever. 

This dev has the best support in the business just by the way  

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sorry for hijacking the topic, but what exact visual change would be noticed due to decrease of TLOD from, let's say 140, to 100?

Thank you in advance.

As in understand it, this changes the distance at which scenery is loaded (or loaded at a high visual quality, not sure).  In large cities with dense photogrammetry, this can reduce the load of what needs to be rendered so performance is much more smooth.  I don’t notice an impact of dropping to 100 when flying airliners as I’m quickly climbing once airborne and don’t notice much from up high.  If doing low and slow  flying I would put it up higher since it would be more noticeable.

I hope that convoluted attempt to explain helps 😀

• Like 1

Dave

Could someone provide a fair comparison to the SimAddons version which I own?

Thank you very much and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

52 minutes ago, pmb said:

Could someone provide a fair comparison to the SimAddons version which I own?

Thank you very much and kind regards, Michael

I have yet to buy CYYC. But I know that Sim Addon's representation of CYEG was off in a lot of areas, based on the pictures of Sim Addons CYEG I have seen.  For CYYC, once again, from the pictures I have seen of Sim Addons, it's not as accurate as FSimStudios.  You can see a real life picture of CYYC here:

untitled%20shoot-5277.jpg?ver=2016-10-11

Now check FSimStudio's CYYC compared to the real picture above:

Y32e1MuvZX.jpg?v=1685018314&width=990

And now check Sim Addons CYYC:

cyyc5.jpg

FSimStudios is just way more accurate. The windows for Sim Addons are simply off. The main terminal for Sim Addons just looks different from the real CYYC. And as for the longer terminal protruding to the right side, Sim Addons doesn't do the windows correctly, whereas FSimStudios is much closer to the real life picture. And the protruding terminal to the right should be white in color, wheeas it kind of looks light brownish for Sim Addons (maybe it's the time of the day, I don't know?).

In a nutshell, the FSimStudios team has quite a few actual Calgarians with access to CYYC. If something is not accurate for FSimStudios, the local Calgarians will be providing them feedback. Of course, FSimStudios is a Canadian company, and their team are Canadians. And their Discord channel is filled with Canadians, including various Calgarians. So this probably gives them an advantage when they are modelling CYYC.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I have yet to buy CYYC. But I know that Sim Addon's representation of CYEG was off in a lot of areas, based on the pictures of Sim Addons CYEG I have seen. 

Thank you. That looks pretty convincing.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11