Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

FSDT KIAH Released--Can't Install

12 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

If this were a real aviation board vs a sim forum, United HR would 100% have a copy of this post by now and you'd be not only fired, but basically un-hireable at any other decent airline.

I mean, if you want "real as it gets".  😁

Frontier and Spirit are hiring! 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just for laughs and giggles, here’s the FSX version. We really came a long way, wow.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

For Ten bucks this is indeed a heck of a deal and a very good airport. Though the elevated train was working in FSX, but haven't seen a choo choo yet in the MSFS version. Bummer.  😉

14 minutes ago, avsimjohn said:

haven't seen a choo choo yet in the MSFS version.

And you won’t see it. Maybe in a future update.

Comment about train  ( Skyway ) … 

” …. We'll take this suggestion into account for an update, it's something we thought about it, but we assumed it was more important to focus on other usability first things, like the "AFCAD", the parking, the interaction with AI, with GSX, etc. “ ……

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29955.0.html

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

How’s performance on DX11?

Yeah, how is it? Maybe compared to their KORD, which has good performance and is also a huge airport. I wanna buy if performance is good. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

2 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

Yeah, how is it? Maybe compared to their KORD, which has good performance and is also a huge airport. I wanna buy if performance is good. 

Definitely better than KORD, as far as fps and especially feel of smoothness are concerned. We made this test the last day before release, with the final KIAH against KORD, all other settings being equal.

The fps counter might not be very different, perhaps 4-5 fps more for KIAH and more consistent, because KORD is heavily affect by your viewing direction and if you have the Chicago downtown in view or not, but you can surely feel more smoothness at KIAH.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Definitely better than KORD, as far as fps and especially feel of smoothness are concerned. We made this test the last day before release, with the final KIAH against KORD, all other settings being equal.

The fps counter might not be very different, perhaps 4-5 fps more for KIAH and more consistent, because KORD is heavily affect by your viewing direction and if you have the Chicago downtown in view or not, but you can surely feel more smoothness at KIAH.

Sounds good. Your team is doing a great job with these big hubs.

Can you compare the install size of the two? My biggest problem with some sceneries is VRAM (I am looking at you, iniBuilds). KORD is running good for me, though.

Very good pricing too! Thanks for that decision.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Just bought it. 10$ is really nice.

Lets try it out!

37 minutes ago, NovemberUniform said:

Can you compare the install size of the two? My biggest problem with some sceneries is VRAM (I am looking at you, iniBuilds). KORD is running good for me, though.

KORD is about 1GB installed, KIAH is about 1.3GB installed. 

Note that, we planned a configuration feature that will allow to choose the background texture resolution, which right now is 35 tiles at 2K each, so for those with VRAM to spare, we'll offer a choice to go up to 4K and, possibly, even 8K. The textures are ready, we decided at the last moment to have the lowest resolution to be default, and I wanted more time to test the configurator to be sure it works correctly.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Are you planning any update work done to KORD in terms of optimization or any new feature additions? I know you've been swamped with GSX and stuff, just curious.

@Jeff Nielsen Assuming that by now you were able to install the product. Could you please change the thread name to just release?

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

40 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Are you planning any update work done to KORD in terms of optimization or any new feature additions? I know you've been swamped with GSX and stuff, just curious.

@Jeff Nielsen Assuming that by now you were able to install the product. Could you please change the thread name to just release?

How do I edit the title?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

How do I edit the title?

If you can't, one of our awesome moderators probably can. Maybe they'll see it and adjust. 🙂

• Like 1

Jacek G.

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

All considering, KORD is fairly good performing. The big thing will should add is the new International terminal extension, which opened a couple of months ago, it's likely something for the end of the year, depending how much spare time we can devote to it, between GSX updates and possibly resuming work on PHNL.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

All considering, KORD is fairly good performing. The big thing will should add is the new International terminal extension, which opened a couple of months ago, it's likely something for the end of the year, depending how much spare time we can devote to it, between GSX updates and possibly resuming work on PHNL.

Man we need a good PHNL badly.

• Like 1

Eric