Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

FSDT KIAH Released--Can't Install

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

The big thing will should add is the new International terminal extension, which opened a couple of months ago,

Do you think you will update the taxiway center line lights? At night some of them are dark. You've mentioned a while back there was some sort of issue from Asobo, but since then they've addressed it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

17 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

If this were a real aviation board vs a sim forum, United HR would 100% have a copy of this post by now and you'd be not only fired, but basically un-hireable at any other decent airline.

I mean, if you want "real as it gets".  😁

Curious, why? Or is this a joke I'm not getting?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

57 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Man we need a good PHNL badly.

.....and a good KDFW.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

Curious, why? Or is this a joke I'm not getting?

Well it's certainly a joke in the flight sim world.  ;)  But in reality, yeah, people have been fired for making those kinds of comments or less on Internet forums.  Airline HR has a lot more power than they used to, and would far rather fire an individual - even a pilot - than face the lawsuit from another employee who felt harassed.  Pilots are expensive to replace, but cheaper than lawsuits.  

And once fired for such a thing at one airline, no other decent airline would touch you, they won't want the liability.

Andrew Crowley

I’ve had some time this evening to check this out and it’s disappointing, but the price is justified. The texturing is not the greatest, especially the ground textures on the apron. It’s certainly missing the wow factor imo. Maybe that’s the reason they haven’t been previewing any screenshots and just went ahead and released this.

I’m going to go ahead and say it, but FSDT at this point is coasting on their brand name in terms of airport scenery design and is far behind the competition on quality of releases. I know GSX is their cash cow, as Umberto himself said this on a number of occasions,

I have a lot of respect for the Company and Umberto as I’ve been a customer for many many years, but the level of quality compared to the likes of Inibuilds, Flightbeam or Pyreegue has significantly dropped. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I’ve had some time this evening to check this out and it’s disappointing, but the price is justified. The texturing is not the greatest, especially the ground textures on the apron. It’s certainly missing the wow factor imo. Maybe that’s the reason they haven’t been previewing any screenshots and just went ahead and released this.

Maybe this will help, as quoted by Umberto on page 2.

Note that, we planned a configuration feature that will allow to choose the background texture resolution, which right now is 35 tiles at 2K each, so for those with VRAM to spare, we'll offer a choice to go up to 4K and, possibly, even 8K. The textures are ready, we decided at the last moment to have the lowest resolution to be default, and I wanted more time to test the configurator to be sure it works correctly.”

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I tested it yesterday and I personally like it a lot. It's not tier one (flytampa KBOS is tier one category for me) but overall I find it very convincing.

Performance is stellar, even with my mediocre GPU. For 10 bucks (I paid 12 euros incl VAT), it's a very good value for money, imho.

5 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Maybe that’s the reason they haven’t been previewing any screenshots and just went ahead and released this.

There are loads of images on the product page and they show very detailed what you get. It's not like they are hiding it, and they don't have to, if you ask me. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

17 hours ago, DMullert said:

and a good KDFW.

@iniBuilds , Sounds like a good idea for a future project.

Edited by polosim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

Performance is stellar, even with my mediocre GPU. For 10 bucks (I paid 12 euros incl VAT), it's a very good value for money, imho.

Yeah for $10 it's really good. At that price most devs don't even include custom jetways. For $10, there's a lot of garbage sceneries out there for smaller airports that offer way less value. And it sounds like Umberto is on top of the ground texture issue. 

9 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I’m going to go ahead and say it, but FSDT at this point is coasting on their brand name in terms of airport scenery design and is far behind the competition on quality of releases. I know GSX is their cash cow, as Umberto himself said this on a number of occasions,

I have a lot of respect for the Company and Umberto as I’ve been a customer for many many years, but the level of quality compared to the likes of Inibuilds, Flightbeam or Pyreegue has significantly dropped. 

Completely agree.  KIAH is underwhelming at best.  The textures are a "poop-show".  I got my first graphics error dump to desktop everyone has been talking about yesterday while shooting an approach to this scenery, which to me is an indication that the scenery brings good systems to its knees.  Imagine what would happen if FSDT decided to port KDFW!!!!!  Yikes.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

34 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Completely agree.  KIAH is underwhelming at best.  The textures are a "poop-show".  I got my first graphics error dump to desktop everyone has been talking about yesterday while shooting an approach to this scenery, which to me is an indication that the scenery brings good systems to its knees.  Imagine what would happen if FSDT decided to port KDFW!!!!!  Yikes.

I agree about ground textures but performance is excellent, probably the best for that sized airports. No idea what causes those CTDs, but its def not the performance of the scenery. Do you have other addons that could interfere? KHOU maybe? 

3 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

There are loads of images on the product page and they show very detailed what you get. It's not like they are hiding it, and they don't have to, if you ask me. 

I meant the preview images of WIP. 

I already said my peace and will not dwell on it anymore. Like I said, I like Umberto and FSDT and will likely support him in the future, but these ground textures are ugly and hopefully will get addressed in the future updates. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Maybe this will help, as quoted by Umberto on page 2.

Note that, we planned a configuration feature that will allow to choose the background texture resolution, which right now is 35 tiles at 2K each, so for those with VRAM to spare, we'll offer a choice to go up to 4K and, possibly, even 8K. The textures are ready, we decided at the last moment to have the lowest resolution to be default, and I wanted more time to test the configurator to be sure it works correctly.”

Ah, I missed this and this changes things. In this case I am taking back everything I said. Carry on.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

20 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Well it's certainly a joke in the flight sim world.  ;)  But in reality, yeah, people have been fired for making those kinds of comments or less on Internet forums.  Airline HR has a lot more power than they used to, and would far rather fire an individual - even a pilot - than face the lawsuit from another employee who felt harassed.  Pilots are expensive to replace, but cheaper than lawsuits.  

And once fired for such a thing at one airline, no other decent airline would touch you, they won't want the liability.

I take it the flight attendant remark is the issue? Inappropriate or not, getting fired for that is insane.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD