Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Northern Canada coast part 1

I honestly don't know if I want to do the rest of the Northern Canadian coast as the scenery is bland, there's few if any airports, and it's boring.

I made a flight there today in the sim and it was terrible.

These shots are from a week or so ago.

CYNA, Natashquan Airport, Quebec, Canada to CYIF, Saint-Augustin Airport Canada.

XDUmiG9.jpg

riy8QW6.jpg

TsTVbcm.jpg

SHv6blR.jpg

NZW56h4.jpg

PEkYFls.jpg

• Like 5

Jack Sawyer

Looks like s great Trip Jack !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Looks like s great Trip Jack !

cheers 😉

Thanks PM, it was relaxing.

Jack Sawyer

If it's not turning you on, maybe you could skip it, Jack. 🙂 So many wonderful places around the globe to fly and enjoy...you don't have to be a "coast-hugger" forever.

• Like 2

Interesting topography....very scenic thanks Jack!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 hours ago, John F said:

If it's not turning you on, maybe you could skip it, Jack. 🙂 So many wonderful places around the globe to fly and enjoy...you don't have to be a "coast-hugger" forever.

Thanks John.  I usually do it while I do something else at the same time.  But with northern Canada so boring I reckon you’re right.

Jack Sawyer

11 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Beautiful shots Jack! 😉 

Thanks Will!

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

9 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Interesting topography....very scenic thanks Jack!

Thanks Ryan, you’re welcome.

Jack Sawyer

It can be that there is very little data available for this part of the world, Jack. I personally found the west coast much more interesting 🙂

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Imagine flying around there in reality. That takes time... but at least you would be nervous, hoping for the plane to stay in good condition.

• Like 1

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

Hi Jack and all. I am not seeing any of your pix…just a greyed out square and a "?”. I have this issue on some other threads at Avsim.

I wonder if you have used Imgur to store your pictures? They have changed their policies, basically limiting or prohibiting storage. Thanks for any info.

Sherm 

56 minutes ago, shermank said:

Hi Jack and all. I am not seeing any of your pix…just a greyed out square and a "?”. I have this issue on some other threads at Avsim.

I wonder if you have used Imgur to store your pictures? They have changed their policies, basically limiting or prohibiting storage. Thanks for any info.

Sherm 

Hi Sherm.  I can see them but I wonder if it's Avsim because I can no longer see or click on a like button.  It's just a little gray square with a ? in it.  I do use Imgur but didn't know they changed policy.  If it becomes too much of a hassle I won't even bother wasting my time posting anymore, I don't really want to bang my head against the wall to post.

Jack Sawyer

17 hours ago, Stiller Water said:

Imagine flying around there in reality. That takes time... but at least you would be nervous, hoping for the plane to stay in good condition.

Yes, it would become unnerving with nowhere to land.  

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Sherm.  I can see them but I wonder if it's Avsim because I can no longer see or click on a like button.  It's just a little gray square with a ? in it.  I do use Imgur but didn't know they changed policy.  If it becomes too much of a hassle I won't even bother wasting my time posting anymore, I don't really want to bang my head against the wall to post.

With Imgur virtually dead for our purposes, there are several alternatives…imagebox seems to be the best and easiest. Besides it is free for use.

https://imgbox.com/

sherm