Sign in to follow this  
MauBen

Latest windows 11 update affecting DX12 ?

Did the latest windows 11 update kill MSFS if DX12 is used? 🤔

This may well be a coincidence, but just after doing a windows 11 update, MSFS with DX12 stopped working. I had done a 2 hour flight just before the update and right after the update, MSFS kept crashing shortly after loading the flight.

I tried several times with same result, so I switched to DX11 and restarted. MSFS loaded with no issue and after a short flight, everything is still good. I was using the known good Nvidia driver. 

As I said, this may be a coincidence, but maybe not 🙂

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

I did the big W11 update yesterday evening and then some test-rounds in MSFS using DX12 (because I am still struggling to get the G-sync flicker away) and at least for those short test-rounds, I did not notice anything different and it did also not crash.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS