Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Just me or others also 100+ Addons?

Just wondering who else starts a flight, like say in Alaska, and realizes there are 101 addons enabled.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

101 addons? Every flight i started a whopping 800 addons enabled. In the main menu of msfs profile-content manager

rYr9HZC.png

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

4 minutes ago, bbking said:

101 addons? Every flight i started a whopping 800 addons enabled. In the main menu of msfs profile-content manager

Just to make sure we are on the same page...

If I count internal addons that load even when I don't want them to (the disadvantage of the MarketPlace), well then I am sure I have more, but I've never added both up.

I'm mainly talking externally linked addons (hence selectable in MSFS Addon Linker).

Edited by Alpine Scenery

With me it's more about what I don't have installed 

Screenshot 2023-05-26 080437

(Don't use/need Linker)

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

11 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Just to make sure we are on the same page...

If I count internal addons that load even when I don't want them to (the disadvantage of the MarketPlace), well then I am sure I have more, but I've never added both up.

I'm mainly talking externally linked addons (hence selectable in MSFS Addon Linker).

Yup! My addon linker loads about 800 addons. Rest is from onestore directory and a few from the community folder. (not managed by addon linker)

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

Only 101 addons?  That's amateur numbers!  Hehehe....

Seriously, I definitely have more loaded than that, depending on what part of the world I plan on flying.  Thank you Addon Linker.

51 minutes ago, bbking said:

Yup! My addon linker loads about 800 addons. Rest is from onestore directory and a few from the community folder. (not managed by addon linker)

But you don't need quite 800 just for one state in Linker, I mean I don't enable every addon in Linker unless I plan to use it for a specific flight.

Why would you use the addon linker and then go ahead and load 800 items from it? Are you sure this is what you're doing, or is it just that you have 800 plus addons defined in the linker? The whole point about the linker is that you can use it to only load those addons you specifically want for a session. If you're going to load everything anyway you might as well just drop them all in the community folder and leave them there all the time.

I have something like 4000 entries in the linker, but would never dream of loading them all. Apart from anything else - I can't fly everywhere and everything at the same time!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Exacly. I have around 247 sceneries, but I usually turn only 2 when I`m flying.

NSEgikP.png

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

54 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

But you don't need quite 800 just for one state in Linker, I mean I don't enable every addon in Linker unless I plan to use it for a specific flight.

Thats the point i become lazy...😅🙃.I just want to fly any where any time, so i always load my addons no matter what. Load times on my new rig is about 3 minutes,

The only reason I had 101 (really did) in Linker was because I have like 65 Alaskan Freeware Airports and 8 of the payware, so I just enable them all sometimes for that state when I am not sure where I'll be flying. This is because I don't want to restart MSFS when switching airports if I decide to do maybe 6 airport flights (but I usually "fast forward" during part of the time).

The other 25 or so are plane enhancements, like the PMS 50 GTN 750, ZZ JD King Air Mod, PMDG 737-600 (though it's just Linker seeing it, left it at default), and various Cockpit Color change mods for the PA-44 and another Carenado.

So that is why 101, but 800 come on.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

I have 468 sceneries (and counting...) and I use Addonlinker to keep them in a cascade of sub-folders not to have too many at start . The largest sub is thus Greece with 70 items. I flew in the Philippines yesterday which has 20. The green dots elsewhere are libraries that are permanently activated. 

Desktop Screenshot 2023.05.26 - 10.04.29.06

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, bbking said:

Thats the point i become lazy...😅🙃.I just want to fly any where any time, so i always load my addons no matter what. Load times on my new rig is about 3 minutes,

I'm with you on this one.  I just load em all up, all the time.  Saves me having to restart the sim each time I wanna fly somewhere different.

Be brave I say, load em all!!

Jase

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr