Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Looking For ATC Alternative

I have PILOT2ATC, which is great,  but I was wondering if there was a smaller footprint ATC add-on that would be able to run on my flight sim PC without a lot of overhead, so I don’t have to run on a network machine.

Thanks!

I own Pro ATC SR, which works half the time and has close to no support from the developer.

I considered FSHud, but the voices are terrible.

The same applies to all the other available - bad voices, clunky interrfaces, etc.

FSHUD. By far the best you can get. Especially the new beta version in combination with the newest experimental of FSLTL is probably the best you can get at the moment. Works like a charm. Full airports, a nice departure queue, SID´s, STAR´s, Vectors, Visuals, Step Climbs etc. - probably all you can ask for. And an update almost once a week.

• Like 1

Pilot2ATC

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

24 minutes ago, techman said:

FSHUD. By far the best you can get. Especially the new beta version in combination with the newest experimental of FSLTL is probably the best you can get at the moment. Works like a charm. Full airports, a nice departure queue, SID´s, STAR´s, Vectors, Visuals, Step Climbs etc. - probably all you can ask for. And an update almost once a week.

Are you running it networked or local?

Thanks!

PF3, uses very little processor power ( CPU around 1%), has over 100 controller voices, been around for years and updated at least twice a year. . 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Skyseek said:

Are you running it networked or local?

Thanks!

Local. 

I would suggest Vatsim, IVAO, or PilotEdge. Small footprint, real ATC controllers.

My personal experience with FSHud was not good at all (for instance, it didn't work nicely with FSLTL), but it strongly depends on what you are looking for. The developers of MultiCrewExperience and Pilot2ATC offer a trial version, so you can check out if the program works for you. As long as FSHud does not offer such a trial version, I would recommend not to buy it.

When I am not on Vatsim, I went back to using Pilot2ATC. Still the best off-line ATC experience for me.

Peter

Using the beta and the FSLTL-experimental build right now, and have absolutely zero problems with FSHUD. 

50 minutes ago, techman said:

What is FSLTL?  Is that a separate product?

Also, with FSHUD, will it load the MSFS flight plan?  I need more info on the Flight Planning process.

Thanks!

Edited by Skyseek

FSLTL is a third party tool that injects real world traffic including the (almost) correct liveries into the sim. The planes are following real flight plans. It´s available in the installer of the FBW A320.

Regarding flightplans: It has simbrief integration.