Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

MSFS hangs on initial loading screen

This has been going on under a w10 install, a new fresh w11 install, a clean install of msfs and my current install with all of my add ons installed without the AAU2 beta and with the AAU2 beta.

Anyways, I am on the steam version and when I start MSFS. It does its quick update check and goes into the screen with the advertisements for the newest world update. The blue bar is loading loading loading until about 75-80% complete. Then the program hangs. The little green steam gpa counter in the upper left corner indicates no change and the game will stay like this for hours. Never gets to the main menu. I end the task and restart the program. Then it randomly finishes loading and gets to the main screen. The next time I play msfs, it hangs at the same spot on the initial load. 

has anyone else experienced this? 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Anyone have any possible ideas. I’m at a complete loss here. Thanks I’m advance

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Anyone have any possible ideas. I’m at a complete loss here. Thanks I’m advance

Disable all addons and try again. I had this happen once and it was caused by an outdated addon.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have this issue too. Sometimes I have to kill MSFS task and try run it again but usually after 1-2 tries (and sometimes after restarting my PC) I'm able to run MSFS.

I have this even with fresh MSFS install but ONLY when I change settings from default to my own ones. So I suppose some specific settings cause this problem. Deleting saved cloud data doesn't work here.

During MSFS loading the background music spikes for a while and when it stops I know MSFS will freeze with Flightsimulator.exe task using 0% CPU.

I think only Asobo can fix this issue. I tried many tips and proposed solutions but nothing works here.

It's not a big problem as soon as I'm able to run and use MSFS, however it's very VERY annoying.

Adrian