Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

MSFS Favorite Sound Device POLL

What is your favorite MSFS sound output device?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Select your favorite MSFS sound output device?

• Dedicated Sound System Speakers
    • Integrated Screen Panel Sound Speakers
    • Over Ear Headphones Wired or WireLess
    • Ear Buds Wired or WireLess

Until recently I've been running my MSFS sound through my integrated Samsung panel sound speakers but have since upgraded to some nice noise cancellation Samsung Ear Buds.  The result is that it feels much more realistic as I am using the sim noise cancellation setting.

Anyway the fidelity and positional sound is much better with the ear buds.

What are you using?

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

Over ear headphones with VR headset, my house is made of cardboard (not literally) so I can't have a decent sound system or the family and neighbours will kick off at the noise!

Regardless I prefer headphones, coupled with VR i simply forget I'm in a room and think I'm actually in the airplane!

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just a pair of external stereo speakers for me with a sub woofer.

I have been thinking about getting a pair of headphones with an attached microphone for a while, but have always held off wondering if I would get enough use out of it.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I use over ear ear headphones with mic. Also need to use this to attach track clip pro or whatever it’s called for Track IR. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Haven't used speakers in over a decade, so my trusty old headphones.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I voted dedicated speakers but I use over the ear headphones if it’s later at night.

Having a subwoofer is really nice for engine sounds.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

AV Receiver with 5.1.2 Dolby surround.

I'll use my Samsung earbuds at night to not disturb the household and neighbours but they sound weak and artificial in comparison.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

AV Receiver with 5.1.2 Dolby surround.

I'll use my Samsung earbuds at night to not disturb the household and neighbours but they sound weak and artificial in comparison.

I adjusted the equalizer with Dolby Atmos to really improve the bass.

The have a great sound now.

On 5/27/2023 at 4:23 AM, cianpars said:

Just a pair of external stereo speakers for me with a sub woofer.

I have been thinking about getting a pair of headphones with an attached microphone for a while, but have always held off wondering if I would get enough use out of it.

Might consider good audiophile headphones and a mod-mic instead of a gaming headset.  Create an account at Mass Drop.     They bulk purchase from high end manufacturers and sell in "drops" at extremely reasonable prices.   

I bought my AKG 7xxx's from them.   The site is well regarded in the audiophile community.

https://drop.com/home

• Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 7:59 AM, regis9 said:

I voted dedicated speakers but I use over the ear headphones if it’s later at night.

Having a subwoofer is really nice for engine sounds.

I have two of these bolted under my butt,   driven by a 2 channel 75w rms amp.     People in the next room cannot hear them at night.   People in the room with me can watch TV if they don't mind hearing a variable low pitched hum.   

edit:  done a lot of business with Parts Express over the years,  they are 100% good to go.

This video shows that you can't really hear them much,

I use SimShaker for Aviators and it uses data from Simconnect to create it's forces.   It will drive 6 transducers.    I've thought about adding low wattage shakers under my pedals.    The way I have my 2 seat transducers mounted now vibrate my seat,  stick,  and hotas.

https://simshaker.com/

https://andres-shop.simshaker.com/software/20-simshaker-for-dcsw-sound-module-key.html

Edited by Waldo Pepper

I use my Sony WH1000xm3 set if I am alone in the house. If I wear them when my wife is around she is guaranteed to call me and then get annoyed when I don't answer. When she is also at home I stick to my Bose Companion 2 Speakers which are plenty good enough. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

My office is also my music listening space so I have a dac/amplifier/bookshelf speakers with a sub. It sounds good for games as well but I think a nice headset sounds the best for flight sim. The Fenix takeoff sounds are incredible when running through headphones. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"