Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

FS11 Wish List

Guest evo9mr

LMAO...good one. It might happen.

Guest samuel150892

1) PLEASE, runways that slope. I hate flat runways.2) Dirty runways and taxiways. U rearly see a very clean runway with no oil spilt ect.3) More realistic aerodynamics to match real world aircraft data.4) Smooth and detailed gauges.5) More advanced virtual cockpits.6) Realistic lighting. I went on a night flight to spain for a holiday with my mum and dad and i had wing seats. Of course i was looking out the window and i noticed the white and red strobe lights. They both ILLUMITED the ground, especially the white strobe lights.7) Better weather.8) Up to date navaids, already been said but something that updates during the years.9) Make the autogen frame rate friendly. the autogen in FSX just kills FPS.10) Terrain that looks realistic; Basically make it blend in a bit more.11) Grass!!!! lol. Have a system where the higher u are up, you dont notice the grass but if you are on the taxiway you see the grass and possibly flowers lol.12) Noiticable icing. Pointless having the engine deice switches working when it makes no difference to anything.13) Better pushback. Instead of pressing shift + P there is say in the menue where u can request it. Then the pushback truck pushes you out but make you stay on the taxiway!14) better rain and snow effects. At the moment snow is falling like rain. Also when it snows or rains alot in say a day, you get a build up of snow or rain. Which obviously causes flooding or just alot of snow on the ground.Thats all i can think of at the moment. :) srry for the loooong post

Guest EvilNando

nice find but let me keep beating the dead horse just for a whilefrom the websitePerformanceWindLight's core strength is its speed. Written in high-level shaders and optimized for Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware, WindLight can be used on current systems while ensuring required framerates.WindLight offers two major advantages:SpeedClassic atmospheric models are woefully slow on modern hardware. At adequate rendering settings, framerates under 30 fps are common on simple scenes, making these methods unusable in real simulators. The cause of this slowdown is inefficient approximation throughout the shader pipeline. WindLight's algorithms, however, are highly optimized for real-world performance in high-polygon scenes.The following benchmarks are taken with a COTS PC, running with a single GPU:Scene 1: 50K+ polygon city model and terrain, rendered with 24-bit textures and lightmaps. Resolution: 1024x768x32 with 2x AA. Framerate: 187 FPS since ACES like to do its simulation at 20fps that leaves us with 167fps of head room for elephants and seagulls! or maybe some FMC boeings ahh the joy

Guest tmholopa

you have got sense in your words. those things you mentioned are very important.i would also pay 300$ for better simulator.

What is WindLight? 187FPS!!!:-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :7 I guess if I had it I could turn up traffic a notch or two...or 70.;-)

I think it's great that you are passionate enough to take the time and list the features you want for the future. Clearly there have been many wishlists both for the Flight Simulator franchise as well as for the CFS franchise (I haven't been following the Trainsim wishlists but I know they are out there)and it is very handy to have current lists that truly reflect what is on your minds right now.And now is the time to hear your feedback as we are starting to get our heads wrapped around what FS11 might look like.We are compiling lists of what you are looking for on AVSIM as well as other leading sites. Although there aren't any real surprises regarding what you want, it's great to get further validation about the features we are considering.Thanks for your time and effort on this!

With P-12C posting I just thought of another.I hope they continue to release add-ons....I just looked at page 7 of the Mango/Cell screenshots page and am blown away at the quality of the aircraft, the F-18 looks amazing and from P-12C's blog just learned that 3rd party designers helped with creating Acceleration.More continued cooperation between 3rd party devs and Aces can do nothing but accelerate (pun intended) the FS series to where we all want it to be. Amazing work.

2D panel views ...a la FS9.Better ATC (differing accents in different zones)Sloping runways.

Fixes:- sudden wind shifts- incorrect timezones- lens flare when the sun is completely below the horizon- AI traffic separation- stutters at mid-high AA/AF levels, especially when panning- utilise the GPU much more- overcast completeness- excessive ground friction- grossly incorrect landclass- better multi-core use eg. core 2 = AI, core 3 = weather core 4 = giraffes ;-) etc.- occlusion (ie. don't bother drawing what can't be seen)New features:- autosave in the base game- option to keep game time synced to real time- severe turbulence in thunderstorms- FLCH on at least one of the jets- truly random failures- updateable airport/navaid database- more eye candy, but don't go overboard to the detriment of basic performance ala FSX RTMMy biggest suggestion is to allow dynamic settings, where the user can decide what gets scaled up/down to what extent for a particular trigger. eg. going above a certain AGL altitude, autogen could be slowly alpha faded out as more cloud draw distance and density is turned on, and vice versa. Aircraft speed and airport proximity could be other triggers.FPS could also be a trigger, where the user can decide what gets scaled down in what order as FPS drops below tolerable levels. eg. you might select bloom to go first, then notch down water effects, autogen density, scenery complexity, AI levels, etc. I manually do this now, by having multiple cfg files that I change as the game situation dictates. It would be great if this could be automated with a relatively seamless transition between cfgs. ie. don't pause the game and reload for an autogen reduction, just keep what autogen is there (or alpha fade it if it has to go) and draw new autogen coming into view to the new setting.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary, you are absolutely right.. kind of a rule based Config settings. In addition to be able to pick settings with a key stroke this way, we can assign it to buttons to turn off autogens or high water settings or turn off bloom etc... Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>A fly-by view included in the sim. >>Should be easy enough.That's already in. ???RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I personally would like the FS11 development to first of all focus on fixing on what could not be fixed in FSX, including the fading in of Autogen, removing the VC when hitting the W key, known landclass issues, and one more attempt at focussing the scenery engine on what is front of the airplane, not what is behind.The idea of dynamically changing scenery settings, automated or manual, is a great one. Why not allow autogen to fade in as you get a lot closer to the ground or when there is little else to display, like when bush flying.In FSX, the scenery engine seems to get bogged down if you are rapidly changing views (sometimes inadvertently by selecting a far away Tower view). FS11 should be able to recover from these changes, dump the old scenery and reload more quickly, like FS9.In terms of new development, I too would love to see an overhauled ATC, possibly with a capable co-pilot to handle the radio traffic. This, coupled with a new flight planner with dynamic capabilities and a better map view would be a real asset.

Bert