Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

FS11 Wish List

I think the biggest thing for me is weather, weather and weather. Not just clouds, rain and snow effects but a dynamic planet where the enviroment including aircraft are physically and visually effected by the weather.Icing that one can see, rain streaming on the windshield, snow accumulation etc....Make the aircraft part of the world. Someone a few weeks ago said it best when he stated the aircraft seems to have a shield around it for example when flying through clouds you can always see the wing as though the plane was in a bubble. Make the 3d model part of the world it flies in.Thunderstorms should destroy a light aircraft with 200 mile up and down drafts if flown directly in them, hail should also be modelled.I'd also like to see a persistent damage model and aging effects or at least that ability. A dynamic aircraft that ages or gets damaged via scratches, engine abuse, dynamic dirt etc.... Also, everything else everyone said, great ideas!Ian.

Better utilization of multiple cores for example, physics, AI, weather. By the time FS11 comes out quad core will be entry level.Cloud shadows."God rays" and true 3D clouds.More HDR lighting.Wave height and direction that is affected by the wind.More light sources. Airports look too dark at night.Ground clutter, eg rocks, pebbles and grass.Cockpit shadows (though I think this is in SP2?)Increase cloud coverage all the way to the horizon.Remove hard edges of clouds around mountains.Better snow, it shouldn't fall like rain. Snow drifts.Raindrops on windshields. Refraction of light through the drops. Working wipers.Fogging of cockpit windows and working window heaters.Water puddles and visible ice on runway.Visible icing on wings.Autogen is too large, trees and building look too big. Add a scaling factor to config file so that user can scale tree and building size to their own liking.Heat blur from engines!Thrust from engines should blown up dust and snow from the runway. Tree's that sway in the wind and are affected by engine thrust.Better waves that are volumetric. Sloped runways.Animated ground crew including refuelling and cargo loading.Animated passengers, visible in the terminal, jetways.Animated passengers at remote stands, getting off bus, walking up/down stairs to board and disembark.Animated pedestrians. For example, walking along Maho beach or walking through car parks etc. Let a scenery designer places these along a polyline (like with freeway traffic) and set the speed.Allow SDK "freeway traffic" polylines to specify a speed for the traffic. This allows slow moving traffic in congested areas (eg car parks and city centres) and high speed traffic on highways and freeways.

Matthew S

Just one thing.Port it to a MAC!!!ed

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

My Wishlist- Multicore support, engine optimization- Support for the latest shader model/volumetric lighting, full DX10 compatibility- Rewrite of AI Traffic (currently uses too much CPU and it shouldn't have to)- ATC - more voices/accents, adhere to regional standards, more functionality (SID/STAR/HOLD/FSS/Remote REIL activation)- Sloped runways- Flight Planner (full screen, overlay a la FS Navigator), possibly with dynamic AIRAC updates- Weather Generator (a la Active Sky)- Virtual 1st Officer- Real-life emergencies and procedures (windshear, engine blowout, bird strike, airport closings due to weather, hold - see ATC)- Comprehensive SDK- VATSIM/IVAO Integration- Continued efforts to easily script missions

Easy "Active Camera" save view settings. No more fiddling with .cfg files.Curt

First of all. Please don't bother with building aircrafts that you are not going to do complete. Meaning, I don' mind a DC3 or a Piper Cub, but please leave the 747s and the airbus to the add on vendors. If you want to throw the dog a bone, just pass what you already have done for FSX.Enhancing existing features1. Please fix what needs to be fixed in FSX before moving on the new features. Blurries. I have noticed something. When you fly around a particular area where you start off the flight, there isn't too much blurries problem. However, when you fly long distance and arrive at an area after 1 hr or so of flight, the PC seems to be busy trying to resolve the texture rendition of your source of flight instead of your destination. A Parameter in the cfg file where I could dictate how much of the CPU that should be given for texture processing so I have some control over blurries!2. Fog and overcast for IFR flight.3. Move as much processing over to the Video card GPU. Its silly to give up 10FPS for bloom when you have spent $800 bucks for a hot shot video card.4. Move over the AI processing over to the other cores instead of using the primary core. IT just doesn't make sense to lose 20FPS for 80% AI Traffic.5. Autogens. Make them real world size instead of ovresizing them6. Basically, quality control over existing features. Better everything whats already there.New Features1. Please have wake and surge in the water along with animated waves in the coastal lines.2. Cloud Shadows3. Better lighting and light reflection on objects around the source of light.4. Moving/animated trees and grass(if you can use the additional cores for processing)5. Uneven runways/Sloped Runways. 6. Ability for end users to use customized airport textures and runway textures that they could download off various Geo sites instead of begging add on vendors and crawling on our floors!Back to Basics.1. Some improved ATC for IFR especially modified clearance and holds . 2. ability to manage add on sceneries in folders instead of linear fashion in the Flight scenery section. 3. Ability to select a group of add on sceneries and move them around /up or down instead of one by one.4. Ability to manage stored/saved flights in folders to better manage saved flights. Basically improving on the menus and such.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Someone suggested a thread to this effect in another thread. Here it is. Some of the things I would like to see in FS11 are:A search egine that can take criteria like "near a lake, runway less than 2000ft, in a valley, in a forest" and point you to all the airports that meet those criteria. Small cabins/bush plane bases/logging bases (for choppers) in the middle of nowhere (northern USA, and Canada) to fly to when I want to do some bush flying.Better snow effects. Right now, instead of drifting to the ground, snow shoots toward the ground at high speed.Fix the shaders that work during dusk. In FSX, whenever I fly at dusk or dawn, whichever side of the aircraft faces the is lit up. This is cool if the sky is clear, but if it is foggy and cloudy (like I prefer), it looks wierd to have the side of the planes glowing but no sun in sight.Better fog effects.Here are some new aircraft I would like to see in the next FS:Agusta-Westland AW-139Airbus A319Airbus A380Bell 205Boeing 787-8Bombardier CL-415Bombardier CRJ-700Bombardier Dash 8 Q300Cessna Citation 560 XLS+Columbia 400 SLXDassault Falcon 7XDeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver (Amphib and wheeled)Diamond DA-42 Twin Star Douglas DC-3 (piston and turbine)Eurocopter AS-350B3Piper PA-18 Super CubQuest KodiakI really enjoy the current version of FS and look forward to the next installemnt of this awesome sim. Please don't turn this into a flame war. Thanks!

In addition to what has been said:1. Completely re-do the AI traffic behavior. Have them follow actual IFR routes and SID/STAR procedures. Seperate AI traffic better to prevent too many go-arounds. On the ground, have AI aircraft exit runways quicker. Allow users to tweak the way AI aircraft behave (such as what taxi routes they take, taxi speeds, etc.)2. Complete overhaul of the ATC.3. I know it has been mentioned, but we need real overcast skies. We shouldn't be able to see the ground above an overcast layer. Fog and Haze could be a lot better too.4. Is it just me or do most of the terminal buildings in FSX seem way too tall?I'm sure I'll think of more.

I dont own FSX... but I have been reading quite a bitmy thoughts?revamp the ATC, more robustget rid of the cartoon map planning screen, make the whole thing much more professionallast but not leastget rid of the ablity to adjust the performance sliders beyond what is being capable of being run well on the release date. your just hurting your self here, instead do a simple midlife patch to revamp the slider screen settings and your done...you know it makes sense, as they say 'just do it'

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1. Rewrite of the sim1, AIR and aircraft.cfg system for flight dynamics. Some of the stuff in the AIR file is obsolete. I would like to see asymmetric lift and thrust, wing twist (root stall before tip), slipstream effects, spins, etc. With our faster processors we should now be able to model nearly every detail of real life flight parameters. The late Ron Freimuth had a lot of good comments about this in his various posts on the net. This is, first of all, a *flight* simulator and secondarily an atmosphere and terrain simulator.2. Better blending of airports into the surrounding landscape and elevation. This would include when a more detailed terrain mesh is installed.3. Sloped runways! This surely has been mentioned in every wish list since the first one. I think this plus having stable terrain at the north and south poles will require a new graphics engine, which would make a lot of graphics add-ons obsolete, which is bad for sales, etc. 4. More photo-real scenery like we are seeing in Google Earth.Having said all this, I am thoroughly enjoying FSX. There are several scenery and "feel" factors that are improved over FS9. FSX is the first version of FS (and I started with FS2) in which I use the VC almost exclusively (unfortunately some controls are only on the 2D).

1. This sim needs to run as well as other modern games. That probably means breaking backwards compatibility, scrapping large parts of the engine etc - so be it. 20FPS is not acceptable in the age of quad core CPUs and SLI GeForce 8800s, especially when that same setup is capable of some unbelievably jaw dropping graphics at fast frames in other games. If the hardcore user with that type of system can't run it well, what happens when Average Joe PC User with a mid-range Dell buys it?2. A real lighting model. I was on a real world A320 flight this morning from KSFO-KPHX and the main thing that struck me about how the world looks from a real airplane and how it looks in FSX is the subtle ways light plays off the terrain and in the atmosphere. There was a milky haze type look in the air that I've never really seen FS do correctly. It's what you'd expect looking through 5 miles of atmosphere and all the dust, water vapor etc that's in it - you wouldn't expect it to look crystal clear and super detailed. Doing this will probably make the sim look more realistic AND perform better...3. Truly realistic weather. I want CB to look totally imposing and scary. I want to be afraid of what's going to happen if I fly into that huge wall of deep blue-gray darkness approaching the airport. This is probably the most critical component of real world flying, and it's not at all a factor in FS9/X unless you just pretend it is.4. Go back to a good default US landclass. The Southwestern US where I live does not look realistic at all in FSX... it looked much better in FS9 in fact.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest tmilton

Wish list:1. Virtual Pilot - Currently, in FS, it seems as if the player is the plane rather than the pilot. When you choose your aircraft, you "become" the plane. How about advancing this to actually "becoming" the pilot, where you can walk in and out of different aircraft at the airport and fly the one you physically enter inside? Using an "Active Camera" like system where the pilot can be mobile on the ground to walk around the plane, inside the plane, and enter and exit it, and take command of what ever aircraft the pilot enters. For example you can land at an airport and change planes by exiting your plane and walking into a different one.2. Improved Map - The map in FS now is too small and displays in a small constrained window with no options for expanding it. It would be great if the next FS had a map that displayed in a larger window - MUCH larger window. And the map area should have the ability to be moved by dragging with the mouse (just like Google Maps). This will make it much easier and productive to use the map than is the case now. 3. Increased scenery landclass accuracy- There are many areas which are incorrect, showing the wrong landclass (such as desert textures where there really should be greenery, etc.). Accurate placement of more realistic and appropriate landclass in the next FS is highly desirable. 4. Driveable roads - The addon community has developed many ground vehicles for use with FS. In the AVSIM library you can download cars, trucks, buses for FS. Many have downloaded these cars to drive around in FS. It would be great if the next FS had improved roads that would allow for expanded use of ground vehicles. It seems to be a neglected part of FS that could be naturally developed to add an additional dimension to expand and enhance the "virtual world" of this sim.