Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Iris Sim's new T-6 II Texan

Ir is has released their T-6 II Texan. This is the military trainer based on the Pilatus PC-9. If you like this kind of airplane, you owe it to yourself to check it out.I think Iris has outdone themselves. It is a beautiful plane and it flies well. Stable, like a trainer should be but, with plenty of power for when you need it.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I wonder if it can fly "on its wing" like a real T-6 Texan II can?"Flying on its wing" is an acrobatic maneuver where the aircraft is flying straight ahead but is banked at 90 degrees. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest radivil

Well, if there's a Texan II out there now, I probably should step up my work on NAS Pensacola so it has a proper place to fly from.

Are you referring to formation flying or just doing a knife edge pass? I haven't tried it with the Iris T-6 II in FSX or FS9 but any aircraft with 1000 HP should be able to do a 90 pass by using sheer power and top rudder, to keep the nose up.I find it flies a lot like the T-37, which I flew like 100 years ago in pilot training. It is very stable and easy to fly. Now if MSFS had a trim that actually worked...but I am sure that is asking too much.

John
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Hi,If "a trim that actually worked" refers to the fact that trimming in FSX does not change the pressure on the stick (when using a force feedback joystick), I can highly recommend FSForce. It is not free, but it adds pressure changes on the stick in accordance to the trim setting (among other things)....just a happy customer :-)/ Cheers, Poul

>Are you referring to formation flying or just doing a knife>edge pass? I haven't tried it with the Iris T-6 II in FSX or>FS9 but any aircraft with 1000 HP should be able to do a 90>pass by using sheer power and top rudder, to keep the nose>up.>Yes John a KNIFE EDGE PASS is what I meant. I forgot the terminology...thanks for thatI saw a T-6 II at an air show last year, and it was doing knife edge passes all over the place.I was really an impressive machine. Powerful turboprop. I'd take it over a Tucano any day of the week.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

No Poul, my reference to "a trim that actually worked" referred to trimming within MSFS. Because of the rather small range and instability pots offer, you can not trim a flight sim airplane as well as you can a real airplane. Once trimmed properly, a real airplane will fly pretty much hands off until a change in airspeed, fuel load, etc forces you to trim again. I have never been able to trim a MSFS plane for more than a few seconds. Bear in mind, I usually fly high-performance fighter type planes that are less stable than an airliner or even a small GA plane. I think that is why so many people in MSFS use autopilots. Try flying a high-performance airplane IFR by hand and not get fussed at by ATC for being off altitude. In the real world, I could let go the stick or yoke, look down to change freqs or write something and the airplane would be where I left it. In MSFS I look up and I am at a 45 degree bank and 2-300 feet off altitude. LOL

John

Looks to be a very nice package....and I told myself to go through a month withoiut buying FSX software....this will make my second in two days.... :D