Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

504 Gateway Timeout problem

Hi,

This morning I tried to download a file from the Avsim Library but the automatic download script appears not to be workinf and clicking the link for the manual download from the FTP server also does not respond.

After a minute I receive a Error 504.

Can someone check into this please and let me know if the server is OK or not?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I tried to download one file last night, all I got was the gateway time out error.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised. Being an avsimmer is no fun these days. The two main sites, avsim and flightsim.com are utterly wrecked.

Ever since Tom passed away this site has been amateur hour, which is a bloody shame as it is the life-line of avsimmers like me, who want to keep the older MSFS versions alive. Not everyone can or wants to run a supercomputer to run the latest Flightsim at 20fps while using up an amount of electricity that could satisfy the needs of a third world country. FS2004 does just fine for most purposes. However, try getting as repaint of anything before 2015 and you're left in the wilderness as both avsim and flightsim have decided to wreck their sites or make them unusable by ridiculous design choices. 

Quite frankly, I'd rather be paying a small fee if the site was run properly instead of being frustrated by endless malfunctions and missing files over and over again. 

The site is now running up to snuff, Thank you barely much!  🤨

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: