Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

A bit of PNG bush-flying

The Beech D18S does not necessarily come up as the ideal bush flying plane for PNG, but it’s a lot of fun to use her within her limitations and sometimes also a bit beyond. 😀😀

DS18-1.jpg 

DS18-2.jpg 

DS18-3.jpg 

DS18-4.jpg 

DS18-5.jpg 

DS18-6.jpg 

DS18-7.jpg 

DS18-8.jpg 

DS18-9.jpg 

DS18-11.jpg 

DS18-12.jpg 

DS18-14.jpg 

DS18-15.jpg 

DS18-16.jpg 

DS18-17.jpg 

DS18-18.jpg

The freeware scenery for both airstrips is available from the .to site.

Thanks for viewing

• Like 7

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice shots. Pretty tight squeeze at those airstrips.

• Like 1

Great set buddy !

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Many thanks for your comments, John, Will and PM !!

• Like 3

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Cool shots Bernd.  I wonder if it would be nice to live there, it looks so peaceful.

• Like 2

Jack Sawyer

6 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Cool shots Bernd.  I wonder if it would be nice to live there, it looks so peaceful.

Many thanks, Jack. The countryside is really beautiful (but the population there is very very poor), bigger cities are more dangerous, especially for us tourists in the evenings. Alcohol abusus is a rampant problem. But again, the rural population is very friendly, bring some small presents, show your respect and they invite you to their huts for some food (which my wife and I have always politely refused 🙂)

• Like 2

Great looking scenery, and a solid landing, Bernd!

• Like 1

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

Love the pics and the Beech. Love PNG and helped re-build Nadzab airport outside Lae from an old WW2 strip when I was a young Aussie airport engineer many years ago (great freeware scenery for it BTW in MSFS). Often fly in the Sim in PNG and make videos of those flights. PNG is lovely but also often very hot and humid and wet, lots of dense jungle and insects, and skin-cutting Kunai grass in open areas! Thanks for the memories! Cheers.

Edited by FrankPilot
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, Gerold and Frank for commenting. Wow, what an experience, Frank !!

10 hours ago, FrankPilot said:

PNG is lovely but also often very hot and humid and wet, lots of dense jungle and insects,

I certainly remember that 😄

• Like 1