Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

USEnglishBig.gvp

Guest AlanEL

Hi Everybody:I installed a traffic program into FSX and now my ATC is messed up.I was wondering if anyone knows where on the FSX disks I can extract a new one? Newbie still!!ThanksAlan Lansitie

Guest baksteen33

Hi Alan, with a little bit of luck, the traffic program made a backup of the original soundfile? Perhaps check this under FSXSoundATC? Please note there can only be one file with a *.gvp ending in the ATC folder. Hope this helps, kind regards Jaap

Guest ac772LR

I had the same problem last night. If you delete the ATC folder from your Sound folder and then "repair" the FSX installation (install DVD 1 and when the main screen pops up, hit repair instead of uninstall. That should do it. The DVD will check the current installation and repair or replace anything that is missing. With the ATC folder gone, it will install a new one with an new USEnglishBig.gvp.Hope this helps,Bill

Guest baksteen33

Hi Bill, although I've never tried a Repair with FSX SP1, I would be cautious with random repairs using the FSX.0 DVD. A further consideration is addon software. Easiest probably is, to have a backup of the entire FSX folder (in accordance with the FSX SP one is running). Like this, it's always easy to retrieve individual files. If the OP is running MyTraffic X (simmarket version - don't know about the Aerosoft DVD), he will not have to go through such procedures. A bit of file copying and renaming will do. Since the AI program in question wasn't mentioned, I hope the prob can be solved in an easy manner. Kind regards Jaap

Guest AlanEL

Hi again:I was using the edit voicepack for FSX before the mess up. I fortunately have FS9 still running with the EditVoice packfor FS2004. What I did was copy the USEnglishBig.gvp from FS2004and pasted it into FSX ATC deleting the messed up one first. Forsome strange reason it works. I copied all of the replies for future use as I am not confident the FS2004 one will keep working.Thanks for all the helpful responses.Alan Lansitie

Alan,If you look in the FSXSoundATC folder, you will find this file:USEnglishBig.evpOrgSimply rename the file and remove the Org at the end.It can't get any simpler than that! ;)BTW, this information is in the "readme" notes that accompanied the FSX EditVoicepak "Technology Preview." :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest AlanEL

Hi Bill:Thanks for the info. I did not read the readme with EditVoicePak for FSX because It seemed to work the same as the one for FS9. The file*.org in the ATC folder I did not know about. I wish I did before I did all this messing around. Thanks for the heads up regarding this file. I will use it if the FS9 one stops working. BTW the traffic program ATC works after all this. So I'm good to go. Thanks againAlan Lansitie

>Hi Bill:>>Thanks for the info. I did not read the readme with>EditVoicePak for FSX because It seemed to work the same as the>one for FS9. The file>*.org in the ATC folder I did not know about. I wish I did>before I did all this messing around. Thanks for the heads up>regarding this file. I will use it if the FS9 one stops>working. BTW the traffic program ATC works after all this. So>I'm good to go. Well, the FS9 version creates exactally the same type of backup file... ;)Actually, it simply renames the original before writing the replacement file.I'm not surprised that the FS9 *.gvp file works, because it's pretty much identical to the one in FSX... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator