Sign in to follow this  

Will the FS9 Himalayan mesh files work in FSX?

There's some awesome Himalayan LOD9 mesh files in the library, but do such files work in FSX?Also I have heard FSX comes with a detailed himalayan mesh, but I have been unable to find it. Can only body point me to the closest airport? Thanks

You can use FS9 mesh files with FSX just fine.The only thing that changed in mesh files between versions is that FSX allows for the buffer mesh (a lower res mesh for distant viewing) to exist in the same file as the more detailed mesh. Multi-LOD mesh files.I think there is a post somewhere detailing which areas have what resolutions in a default FSX setup. I think part of the Himalayas were done at a higher res but I am not sure...Anyway I'd try the area around Mt. Everest, as that is the most "popular" flying area in the sim world in the Himalayas I would think...so it makes sense that MS would try to make this area higher res.I think FSGenesis uses Jonathan di Ferranti's data on the himalayas to make them super-accurate. The Alps for sure, and I think the Himalayas also.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

VNLK - Lukla - takeoff on Rwy 24 (Rwy25 in FS2004) - turn right and climb up the canyon. Mt Everest ahead on your right.BTW - Mt Everest is not as unique in shape as the Matterhorn in the Alps. It's not terribly easy to pick out other than being the highest around.Also try landing at VQPR in an A321 - the real world airline uses A319s

Thanks guys, thats what I was looking for.