HI guys,

On the fence about whether to get a stream-deck (about $500NZD) to use with my fenix A320...

For those who have them, i believe you also have to get AAO?

At any rate, im wondering if the outlay is worth it when i don't fly in VR...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

The Stream Deck allows me to have a highly configurable setup that almost eliminates the need to use the mouse and keyboard on pretty much every aircraft that I use. It was my best sim-related hardware purchase in the last years.  

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Agreed and the association of Steamdeck and AAO opened a totally new world for me...

Gérard

Doesn't the Steamdeck replace your PC? I've done numerous web searches and am still confused as to it's use, especially if you a decent desktop computer and monitor.

Since the Stream Deck + has knobs, it's the most versatile for flightsim use, IMO, and with SPAD.next, it is highly programmable.  A less expensive but still quite effective alternative is the Behringer X-Touch Mini MIDI controller.  While it does not have displays, it is still quite programmable with either SPAD.next or AAO and is remarkably well-built for the price.

There's also the Loupedeck, which is a nice unit in and of itself, but much more work to program for simming use, at least with SPAD.next.

For me, the outlay has been well worth the money and tedium of setting it all up.

Richard P. Kelly

1 hour ago, Fitz505 said:

Doesn't the Steamdeck replace your PC? I've done numerous web searches and am still confused as to it's use, especially if you a decent desktop computer and monitor.

Stream Deck ≠ Steam Deck.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I have 2 StreamDeck XLs and a SD mini, and I'm seriously considering adding more (XL and maybe a SD+)!

Up until recently, I was using a bank of GoFlight pushbutton (GF-P8's), GoFlight toggle (GF-T8's) and GoFlight button/rotary (GF-RP48's) hardware devices to interface to my sims.
Whilst the GF modules have been useful up until now, the fact that I would have to manually change the magnetic labels on the front of each GF module, when changing aircraft, was a pain.

The great thing about the SD devices is that the button function AND the label change when you load in a new config.

• Like 1

I just noticed that they also make a stream deck mobile... so could effectively use the profile on my iPad!

Things is, its a subscription based at 2.99 per month... hmmm

Wonder if there are any advantages to that?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

1 hour ago, vonduck said:

I just noticed that they also make a stream deck mobile... so could effectively use the profile on my iPad!

Things is, its a subscription based at 2.99 per month... hmmm

Wonder if there are any advantages to that?

If you have an iPad already, check out Touch Portal.  It's a one time purchase and it will do much more that Stream Deck mobile will.  There are even user created MSFS profiles you can use that can control a lot of things like AP, radio comm/nav etc.  I would have never bought a Stream Deck if I knew about Touch Portal first.

https://www.touch-portal.com/

Here is a post for a user created Fenix A320 page for Touch Portal.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/touch-portal-fenix-a320-essential/554820

Flightsim to has so many Touch Portal panels for you to try.

https://flightsim.to/discover/touch portal

Edited by ShadowN7
  • Like 1