Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

ChasePlane for v5.4 seems to be coming

I just noticed this May 25 post on the //42 Discord channel from OMGEDSON:

About ChasePlane / Prepar3D v5.4 Compatibility - As with any sim update, this takes time and ensuring the LM release is stable before we go in and dedicate work hours to build an update. It's coming.

Seems to be good news ... ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I hope !

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Without working Chaseplane i will not jump into 5.4

Artur 

IT actually works. It’s just the cameras change instantly instead of smoothly. Took me about two minutes to get use to it. I’m sure the update will be soon but is quite usable now.

Vic green

20 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

IT actually works. It’s just the cameras change instantly instead of smoothly. Took me about two minutes to get use to it. I’m sure the update will be soon but is quite usable now.

I think you are lucky @Patco Lch, I would be happy enough if that was the only shortcoming I was experiencing with ChasePlane.

Don't know if you saw what i posted in the other thread:-

"Yep, my cockpit views work (sort of) albeit it jumps to new view as opposed to smooth pan/zoom. But what really does not work is, if you are outside and pan/zoom then when you return to cockpit ( say by pressing F9 ) the view is all over the place dependent on what panning/zooming you did while outside.

I have a key assinged to give me default 'Pilot view' in the cockpit, I now have to press it twice to get this view, if coming from an outside view.

One press brings me inside, God knows where, and the second press will give me my default view."

If you view outside and pan/zoom and then go back to cockpit does it revert to the view you had before you chenged to outside?

I have the same issue when switching from outside views to inside but have found a temporary solution.  I have a view set in front of the aircraft so I can look forward without seeing the aircraft panel.  When I switch from external to internal I select that view and then press my view for the pilot's inside view and that works for me.

Just a quick update that I saw the developer of CP had responded to a Discord question/post on 30May in which he responded, quote  "I'll add a day every time someone asks". 😑

I do believe the multiple requests that were submitted may have hit a nerve. 

We will see if P42 will make the update or not. I remain hopeful, but I am not holding my breath.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

5 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

in which he responded, quote  "I'll add a day every time someone asks

Never a good idea to issue a 'threat' to your customers seeking claification on an issue.

At the very least it could also be perceived as somewhat puerile.

If they are tired of people asking, a more professional approach would be to point them to where it has been answered before.

5 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Just a quick update that I saw the developer of CP had responded to a Discord question/post on 30May in which he responded, quote  "I'll add a day every time someone asks". 😑

Let’s not forget this is the developer who put a check in CP that requires genuine customers to run a Verify Files check every month to confirm they haven’t acquired the software by nefarious means.

Unique in flight sim history. 🤨 Nothing surprises me when it comes to this individual.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Let’s not forget this is the developer who put a check in CP that requires genuine customers to run a Verify Files check every month to confirm they haven’t acquired the software by nefarious means.

Unique in flight sim history. 🤨 Nothing surprises me when it comes to this individual.

Alas, it is not unique. All of the stuff X-Aviation sells requires a verification if you haven’t loaded a product in two or so weeks. And since I don’t use use X-Plane that often, I have to put the credentials in almost every time I use it. 

7 hours ago, Iadbound said:

Alas, it is not unique. All of the stuff X-Aviation sells requires a verification if you haven’t loaded a product in two or so weeks. And since I don’t use use X-Plane that often, I have to put the credentials in almost every time I use it. 

But I use CP on every flight so it’s not as if I only use it occasionally. I wrote to the developer and asked him to reconsider this check especially since sales for P3D would now be a fraction of those previously. He wouldn’t budge.

I can understand the need to protect against piracy but this is a step too far.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Antonov22 said:

UPDATE: ChasePlane is Prepar3D v5.4 ready!

Great news!

• Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I bought mine through ORBX. Not updated yet. Soon I assume.

Vic green

For Orbx-Users: Run Verify installation and you will get the updated version.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero