Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

I'm trying to speed up my launch of MSFS...

This has happened forever but I've noticed the one thing which slows down the sim loading to the main menu is when the apps in EXE.XML are being loaded in.  I know this because when the loading bar gets about 50% it sticks for about 2-4 mins and then I see the splash screen for FSUIPC.  After that the loading bar starts moving along.  I have FSUIPC, Coualt, Fenix Bootstrapper and FS2 Crew Command Center in my EXE.xml.  

It's worth mentioning I have the sim on a HDD not an SSD, have a ton of addons (who doesn't? ha) and have FSLTL and all the trimmings.

Do you guys see this behaviour and is there anything i can do to circumnavigate?

Thanks

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

Get rid of FSUIPC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, webranger said:

FSUIPC not required for MSFS?

No. Only a few 3rd party apps require FSUIPC

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Get an SSD or better yet, an m2 drive if your mother board will accommodate it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

This has happened forever but I've noticed the one thing which slows down the sim loading to the main menu is when the apps in EXE.XML are being loaded in.  I know this because when the loading bar gets about 50% it sticks for about 2-4 mins and then I see the splash screen for FSUIPC.  After that the loading bar starts moving along.  I have FSUIPC, Coualt, Fenix Bootstrapper and FS2 Crew Command Center in my EXE.xml.  

It's worth mentioning I have the sim on a HDD not an SSD, have a ton of addons (who doesn't? ha) and have FSLTL and all the trimmings.

Do you guys see this behaviour and is there anything i can do to circumnavigate?

Thanks

Yes, I see the same, my loading bar also stops at 50 or 52% and then I see the FSUIPC window popup. But I'm not sure it is causing this, I tried without it and it did the same.

My sim is also on HDD because my motherboard doesn't support M2 drives and I don't think an old SSD would make a significant difference. What cut loading time for me in almost half was the Stripr addon, but it seems that if you are already using -fastlaunch it won't make a big difference. I wasn't, so it helped my loading time.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I need FSUIPC for the Virtual Airlines I fly for so that's not an option really.

I was thinking of buying an SSD to run MSFS off but never sure how much this would help, I'm sure it will but a ball ache reinstalling everything ha.

I'm wondering who else is running from HDD who sees the same pause during load?

@Alvega thanks I also installed Stripr - but beyond the initial skip of the boot screens this annoying pause during load is still present.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Get addon linker.

Already have it, and do what with addon linker?

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

@Alvega thanks I also installed Stripr - but beyond the initial skip of the boot screens this annoying pause during load is still present.

Did you also try without the apps in exe.xml to see if it's the same? 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Already have it, and do what with addon linker?

Disable any addons you wont be using on your current flight. I only use about 1/3 of my addons depending on what aircraft and where I am flying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Disable any addons you wont be using on your current flight. I only use about 1/3 of my addons depending on what aircraft and where I am flying.

That might be something to try but my question was the loading of apps through exe.xml which I stated in my original post, and whether others saw the same behaviour...

Thomas Derbyshire

That might be something to try but my question was the loading of apps through exe.xml which I stated in my original post, and whether others saw the same behaviour...

Exe.xml loads apps EXTERNAL to MSFS. This has nothing to do with how fast MSFS loads.

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Exe.xml loads apps EXTERNAL to MSFS. This has nothing to do with how fast MSFS loads.

Maybe but it interrupts the loading none the less, I'm going to do more testing and report back.

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

I was thinking of buying an SSD to run MSFS off but never sure how much this would help, I'm sure it will but a ball ache reinstalling everything ha.

I am sure an SSD would help you.. and it would not be that hard if you have a SATA cable connection free on your motherboard.

If you are OK with opening up your PC case and hooking it up, this is what I would do.

1. Order a 500 GB Samsung SSD with SATA cable (assume you have the power cable from your PSU). About $50.  Or get a 1 TB unit for $100.

2. Install in PC case and hook up to motherboard

3. Initialize in Windows Disk Manager

4. Copy the MSFS Packages folder (containing the Community and Official folders) to this new SSD

5. Edit the last line in the MSFS Usercfg.opt file to point to the new location

6. Start up MSFS

7. If all works correctly, you can delete the old Community and Official folders from your HDD

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert