Sign in to follow this  
petersej

737 MAX Still Planned?

Is there a 737 MAX still being developed? I haven't heard of any recent announcements from PMDG about their MAX release and was curious if there is still a model being developed.

Edited by petersej

1 minute ago, petersej said:

Is there a 737 MAX still being developed? I haven't heard of any recent announcements from PMDG about their MAX release and was curious if there is still a model being developed.

After the 777 and whatever else they are working on. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes. iFly is also making a 737 Max for MSFS.  Either PMDG will come out with the 737 Max first, or iFly will, for MSFS. Randazzo in the Sky Blue radio interview mentioned something like the 737 Max could even come out before the 777.  Randazzo mentioned there was a lot of 737 "fatigue," meaning the market was a bit tired of the 737, so he was inferring that PMDG hasn't pushed out the 737 Max yet because of that. From the Sky Blue radio interview, I get the feeling that PMDG is quite far on the 737 Max, and they are just holding it for now, until the market gets a bit more energetic for its release, since the 737 NG wasn't released that long ago.

In any case, if the iFly 737 enters beta testing for MSFS, I think PMDG will move rather fast on the 737 Max. 

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'm excited to once again see new achievements from them in terms of non xbox/marketplace things.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I'm excited to once again see new achievements from them

From who?   iFly?  or someone else?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I love PMDG and the 737... I do have a bit of 737 fatigue, but the MAX is not our general 737. The office had an extensive overhaul with many improvements to the flight profile. I am looking forward to the MAX as much as the T7 and 747. 

Edited by ETOPS3_TTV
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Also has the ability to fly longer missions, sounds different, etc.  Looking forward to having one in the sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 hours ago, Mace said:

From who?   iFly?  or someone else?

I was kind of being sarcastic.  As in I'd be happy for any PMDG news not having to do with xbox/marketplace would be welcome by me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

18 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

They said probably in between the different 777 versions.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If PMDG is to be believed, their 737MAX is more likely to be the first one out of the blocks.

Why? Well, here's yesterday's FB post from Flight1 discussing the status of iFly's version:

spacer.png

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100064825984759&story_fbid=755843176586542

Edited by F737MAX
wrong link
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

35 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

If PMDG is to be believed, their 737MAX is more likely to be the first one out of the blocks.

Why? Well, here's yesterday's FB post from Flight1 discussing the status of iFly's version:

spacer.png

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100064825984759&story_fbid=755843176586542

From the Facebook post:

Before questions are posted about the MAX for MSFS, iFly is proceeding well on this project, yet they are still some time away as it is a major new development. The simulator platforms are so entirely different, time-to-market for a study-level simulator takes longer compared with the FSX/P3D lineage.

So iFly has a long way to go.  This is not surprising though, there are growing pains with MSFS. Except for their EFB which took ages to get out for MSFS, I think PMDG is probably past the growing pains of MSFS at this point.  Hence why it seems PMDG's 777 is close to beta testing, if Randazzo's updates are accurate.

I honestly think the PMDG 737 Max is probably close to beta testing, or maybe it has even been beta tested already. Randazzo just wants to beat IFly to the MSFS market with the 737 Max.  If IFly is further delayed with the 737 Max for MSFS, then Randazzo may not be as urgent to release the PMDG 737 Max for MSFS too.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 5/30/2023 at 11:47 AM, micstatic said:

I was kind of being sarcastic.  As in I'd be happy for any PMDG news not having to do with xbox/marketplace would be welcome by me. 

Xbox users aren’t happy either tbh. Charged for liveries, in multiple packs with no bundles or discounts, no updates to the aircraft, no efb etc etc 

I think lots of eyes rolled up to unusual attitude symbology levels of angle of pitch when Randazzamataz announced how they were leading innovation for Xbox. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

But it’s going to be “study level” !!!!

Haven't seen a Dev announce that for a while! 

Edited by g-liner

On 5/29/2023 at 5:26 PM, Bobsk8 said:

LNAV hopefully.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Why? Well, here's yesterday's FB post from Flight1 discussing the status of iFly's version:spacer.png

izrVXem.png

They also had this to say which was.. surely interesting to read.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 1