Sign in to follow this  
Lestat11

Unmanned Airport

Is there any way to start and VFR or IFR flight that will take off from an unmanned airport and land at a manned airport

when i have tried to add the icao for the unmanned airport  i get Enter the departure airport as the first waypoint of the flight plan error message this was on 2.6.4.2_x64_Beta6A4

Sounds like the airport you are entering for the departure airport is not in the AIRAC data.

If you’re using P3D or MSFS, you could run MakeRunways and then see if the missing airport is in the SIM Data.  If so, you could import All Airports into P2A using TaxiMnt.  You would need to get details on how to do that in the P2A Operations Manual in the Taxi Maintenance section.

Dave

Dave,

I imported All Airports using Taxi Maintenance in order to import an airport that's in MSFS but not in the AIRAC data.

I successfully got the airport, runway and gates to show up for it in the Taxi Maintenance search window, but it won't show up on the main map when I search the same ICAO code and I can't input it into flight plans. What step am I missing?

Also, the size of the two database files grew massively. Is that normal?

After you do the TaxiMnt import, you have to restart Pilot2ATC so it can load the new data.

I would expect the database size to increase, and the log file for the database to increase a lot.

Dave

I restarted twice and I could never get the airport to show up in the main window, just in the Taxi Maintenance window.

I'll pull up a couple of screenshots shortly.

Edited by mmcmah

The database files. The ones without "- Backup" appended to their names are the ones that were created by the importing of All Airports:

Database files folder listing

The two P2ATC windows. The left one shows no result when I input the airport code I was trying to get by importing All Airports and the right one shows that it successfully imported the airport into Taxi Maintenance:

ICAO search results

spacer.pngMy P2ABaseData file and log are about the same size as yours.

I enter RPAL in the Flight Plan and it is accepted as the Departure Airport.

Did you shut down and restart Pilot2ATC after importing the data in TaxiMnt?

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

30 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

spacer.pngMy P2ABaseData file and log are about the same size as yours.

I enter RPAL in the Flight Plan and it is accepted as the Departure Airport.

Did you shut down and restart Pilot2ATC after importing the data in TaxiMnt?

Dave

Yes, I did. Multiple times. Anything else I can do to get the main screen to recognize the airport? Running as Administrator already.

The message I get when trying to input RPAL into the flightplan:

Error message

Edited by mmcmah

Make sure you have unchecked the "Only Use Airports in AIRAC Data" option on the Flt Pln tab of config. before you do the restart.  After unchecking that option, the data load should take quite a bit longer the first time because of the additional airports.

Dave

Thank you sir. That was it. And yes, it took quite a bit longer than usual to load (only about 1-2 minutes though)!